Sauce for Meatballs

burney2, Jul 27, 7:43pm
Does anyone have a really good recipe for a tomato sauce to pour over meatballs?

lx4000, Jul 27, 9:41pm
cook tinned tomatoes with onions courgettes and tomato paste. Add things like mushrooms if you wish Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1/2 hour.

neele1, Jul 27, 10:04pm
bumping as i would all so like to know

mrsrickp, Jul 28, 12:58am
A mixutre of brown sugar, tom sauce, vinegar, worster sauce and hot water..mix to taste and pour over meatballs and bake in the oven.

darlingmole, Jul 28, 2:39am
yep, like mrsrickp I add a splash of vinegar, balsamic though.

ericat, Jul 28, 6:55am
Same as above but I also add some olive oil and oregano and a dash of sugar which stops it becoming bitter.

rj5, Jul 28, 7:39am
1 tin of tomato soup,1/2 tin of water, 1tbspn soya sauce, 1tbspn malt vinegar, 2 tbspn sugar mix all together and put browned meatballs ino it- very nice

burney2, Jul 28, 7:43pm
Does anyone have a really good recipe for a tomato sauce to pour over meatballs!

burney2, Jul 28, 9:23pm
Great, thank you :)

mrsrickp, Jul 29, 12:58am
A mixutre of brown sugar, tom sauce, vinegar, worster sauce and hot water.mix to taste and pour over meatballs and bake in the oven.

kinna54, Jul 29, 10:15am
Just a quick note here which may help others...Be aware of some of the packaged tomato pastes around. I sent hubby shopping and he came back with a strange brand.. Spanish? in a tube. I used the normal amount in a pasta recipe, and was really dissappointed. It was really bittter! Perhaps its more concentrated? Guess it pays to do my own shopping.

svce, Jul 30, 9:11am
brown a small onion , then add a can of tomatoes ( chopped is best ), add some red wine , s+ P , simmer ..Once cooked blend the sauceand enjoy.

kinna54, Jul 30, 10:15am
Just a quick note here which may help others.Be aware of some of the packaged tomato pastes around. I sent hubby shopping and he came back with a strange brand. Spanish! in a tube. I used the normal amount in a pasta recipe, and was really dissappointed. It was really bittter! Perhaps its more concentrated! Guess it pays to do my own shopping.

svce, Jul 31, 9:11am
brown a small onion , then add a can of tomatoes ( chopped is best ), add some red wine , s+ P , simmer .Once cooked blend the sauceand enjoy.