Slow Cooker Recipe Book

fifie, Jul 27, 1:14am
Anyone got Alison and Simon Holsts latest slow cooker book no 3 out july ? Are there some good recipes in ittrying to decide whether to add it to my collection.

kinna54, Jul 27, 4:54am
Do what I do and check it out at the library first. Cheeky I know, but it works for me... even if you have to pay $1 to reserve the book. Saves the risk of buying it and maybe only using a couple of the recipes. <Ooh the Scot is really coming out in me today >Lol.

nzhel, Jul 27, 4:58am
Yep - I've got it: 'Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes'. I have the other two also. The new one seems to have quite a few new recipes plus a few of the older ones.
I've marked a lot of recipes to try and so far have made Fruity Porridge - which was just ok, Spiced Apple Crumble which was very tasty tho not overly 'pretty' to look at! Also made the Cheesy Potato Bake which we thought was pleasant and the two we liked the best so far were the Chicken Teriyaki and Coffee (yes coffee!) Braised Beef Rump.

fifie, Jul 27, 5:27am
Duh!! never thought of the library lol, thanks nzhel looks as though it has the usual good recipes, just love her other two will be another one by the looks of it for the collection.

fifie, Jul 28, 1:14am
Anyone got Alison and Simon Holsts latest slow cooker book no 3 out july ! Are there some good recipes in ittrying to decide whether to add it to my collection.

kinna54, Jul 28, 4:54am
Do what I do and check it out at the library first. Cheeky I know, but it works for me. even if you have to pay $1 to reserve the book. Saves the risk of buying it and maybe only using a couple of the recipes. <Ooh the Scot is really coming out in me today >Lol.

nzhel, Jul 28, 4:58am
Yep - I've got it: 'Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes'. I have the other two also. The new one seems to have quite a few new recipes plus a few of the older ones.
I've marked a lot of recipes to try and so far have made Fruity Porridge - which was just ok, Spiced Apple Crumble which was very tasty tho not overly 'pretty' to look at! Also made the Cheesy Potato Bake which we thought was pleasant and the two we liked the best so far were the Chicken Teriyaki and Coffee (yes coffee!) Braised Beef Rump.

fifie, Jul 28, 5:27am
Duh! never thought of the library lol, thanks nzhel looks as though it has the usual good recipes, just love her other two will be another one by the looks of it for the collection.