Salmon stir fry pieces ... ideas please!!

darlingmole, Jul 26, 4:54am
I have no idea what to serve this with once I stir fry the salmon chunks.I've gone out on a limb to be different for my husband tonight but have no idea what kind of sauce to have with it so any idea's will are great appreciated

elliehen, Jul 26, 4:56am
Sour cream with lemon juice?

darlingmole, Jul 26, 4:57am
that sounds quite nice ... should I mix the sour cream with some mayonaise to keep it more creamy do you think??

geldof, Jul 26, 5:07am
asian style?
Lime juice, fish sauce, a little chilli, fresh ginger, soy sauce.

elliehen, Jul 26, 5:16am
Personally, I wouldn't be keen to add mayo, but here's a recipe for a creamy sauce:
CREAM SAUCE:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. minced onions
1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. cream
1 1/2 tsp. mustard

Melt butter in frypan. Saute onions and mushrooms. Mix sour cream, cream and mustard& add to onions slowly. Heat to boiling point and serve hot over salmon.

darlingmole, Jul 26, 8:32am
In the end I simply salt'n'peppered the salmon, then added the zest and juice of an orange and a good splash of balsamic vinegar - quickly pan fried in butter and served with fresh avocado and french bread.My husband was well and truely stoked with the efforts!Melt in the mouth were the words he used

elliehen, Jul 26, 9:18am
Simplest is often best.You did well!I hope he goes 'out on a limb' and cooks for you in return :)

darlingmole, Jul 26, 8:21pm
ha~! in a perfect world on a perfect day my husband MIGHT cook diner for me

darlingmole, Jul 27, 4:54am
I have no idea what to serve this with once I stir fry the salmon chunks.I've gone out on a limb to be different for my husband tonight but have no idea what kind of sauce to have with it so any idea's will are great appreciated

elliehen, Jul 27, 4:56am
Sour cream with lemon juice!

darlingmole, Jul 27, 4:57am
that sounds quite nice . should I mix the sour cream with some mayonaise to keep it more creamy do you think!

geldof, Jul 27, 5:07am
asian style!
Lime juice, fish sauce, a little chilli, fresh ginger, soy sauce.

elliehen, Jul 27, 5:16am
Personally, I wouldn't be keen to add mayo, but here's a recipe for a creamy sauce:
CREAM SAUCE:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. minced onions
1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. cream
1 1/2 tsp. mustard

Melt butter in frypan. Saute onions and mushrooms. Mix sour cream, cream and mustard& add to onions slowly. Heat to boiling point and serve hot over salmon.

darlingmole, Jul 27, 8:32am
In the end I simply salt'n'peppered the salmon, then added the zest and juice of an orange and a good splash of balsamic vinegar - quickly pan fried in butter and served with fresh avocado and french bread.My husband was well and truely stoked with the efforts!Melt in the mouth were the words he used

elliehen, Jul 27, 9:18am
Simplest is often best.You did well!I hope he goes 'out on a limb' and cooks for you in return :)