New Birthday cake recipe needed

opps007, Jul 25, 9:53pm
I'm making my grand-daughters birthday cake - Dora this year!I have a couple of really great cake recipes, but feel like its time for a new one. I usually do either a huge chocolate cake recipe, or a banana. Both great recipes, but does anyone have a 'white' cake recipe for a change? One suitable to decorating in advance please? I saw one on here a few weeks back with jelly crystals in it that might work, but can't find the recipe. thanks in advance, Mrs Opps

paghan, Jul 25, 9:57pm
White Chocolate Mud Cake
200 g white chocolate
250 g butter
200 ml hot water [ milk can be used ]
1 1/2 c caster sugar [superfine]
1 3/4 c plain flour [all-purpose]
1 c SR flour [what ever amount of baking powder added to all-purpose to make 1c]
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tps vanilla
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line an 8" round cake tine. Stir chocolate, butter, water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until butter and chocolate has melted and sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool slightly. Sift flours together in a large bowl. Add cooled chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined and batter is smooth. Bake for approximately and hour and a quarter or until a tester inserted in center comes away clean. Allow cake to cool in pan 20 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before frosting.

dbab, Jul 25, 10:24pm
I've just bumped the recipe for the cake with the jelly crystals
(Plain light Cake)
It's very nice.

opps007, Jul 26, 9:53pm
I'm making my grand-daughters birthday cake - Dora this year!I have a couple of really great cake recipes, but feel like its time for a new one. I usually do either a huge chocolate cake recipe, or a banana. Both great recipes, but does anyone have a 'white' cake recipe for a change! One suitable to decorating in advance please! I saw one on here a few weeks back with jelly crystals in it that might work, but can't find the recipe. thanks in advance, Mrs Opps

dbab, Jul 26, 10:24pm
I've just bumped the recipe for the cake with the jelly crystals
(Plain light Cake)
It's very nice.