Question from the Second helping - Alexas johnson

strange, Mar 20, 10:53pm
In the anzac bar or autumn bar recipe it says 30g of golden syrup but also says 2 TEASPOONS. The mixture is a bit dry so is this a misprint?

I'm actually getting the recipe of the goodmorning show tvnz not the actual book as I dont have the book

strange, Mar 20, 10:55pm
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/3023178

245sam, Mar 20, 11:17pm
strange, I don't have that book either but from reading that recipe I assumed that 2 tsp golden syrup would NOT equal 30g so I've just checked with my standard measuring spoons and digital scales and 2 tsp golden syrup actually equals 10g so I suggest that the spoon measurement should be 2 tbsp (6 tsp) and that would be 30g.

As you suggested... . . IMO 2 tsp is a misprint and it should read "2 tbsp (30g) golden syrup".

Hope that helps. :-))

strange, Mar 21, 4:12am
that does help. Thankyou for that :-) be interested to know if any one has that book and has made them. . and what they have made of that measurement too. BUt I do tend to agree with that 245sam that it should be 2 tablespoons.

fmgirl, Nov 19, 1:12pm
I have the book and the 2 tsps refers to the old school measures - and the 30gm is the modern equivalent. I don't think its a miss print I'm guessing the teaspoons used for the original 1957 recipe were most likely larger than the metric ones.