Jamie Olivers Tai Prawn Curry ingr. please?

lulu.., Jul 23, 8:47am
TV1 program tonight...I wrote most of the ingredents down,just need to check that i havnt missed any. Can anyone help?

245sam, Jul 23, 8:56am

lulu.., Jul 23, 9:22am
Thanks 245sam,Have just looked up your info. The bit I am confused about when I read it is "Tomatoe ?puree and or another ingredient? "This is unfortunatly the very part that I couldnt write down as Jamie was cooking..There didnt seem to be any curry in the recipie either.

charliebrown123, Jul 23, 9:30am
He said a heaped teaspoon of tomato puree.....

245sam, Jul 23, 9:44am
You're welcome lulu...
Re the bit that you are confused about - is it this part from the method in the curry recipe "1 heaped tsp tomato purée,"?IMO that is just a typo.Have a look at the list of ingredients - IMO that should read 1 heaped tsp tomato puree - forget about the "&eacute:e".

Re: "There didnt seem to be any curry in the recipie either." - Did you expect there to be curry powder in the actual recipe?Remember that curry powder is different spices combined to give the flavour of the type of curry being made.In this case, instead of using powdered/dried spices, Jamie made a paste with the ingredients as shown in the recipe and that paste provided the curry flavour.

Hope that helps.:-))

RED CURRY: Put a frying pan on a medium heat. Trim the ends and tough outer leaves of the lemongrass stalks, bash up the stalks with the side of a knife, then put into a food processor with 1 fresh red chilli (stalk removed), 2 peeled cloves of garlic, 4 lime leaves, a bunch of coriander, 2 jarred red peppers, 1 heaped tsp tomato purée, 1tbsp fish sauce, 2tbsp soy sauce and 1tsp sesame oil. Peel and add 2cm (¾in) fresh ginger.

jag5, Jul 23, 9:08pm
And Thai cooking, like Chinese, doesn't use curry powder.

In Thai the "curry" is made up of ginger, garlic, chilli, lime etc.....curry is just a name for a blend of flavours.

Looked yum didn't it