Cheesecake - without cream cheese

jaybee6, Mar 21, 5:57am
Winnie your cheese cake is a huge hit with me.Love it and cant stop eating it. Shared it around and all loved it.Thanks so much for sharing that as it is so easy yet so nice.Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

angel404, Mar 21, 6:37am
I make my cheesecake with yoghurt and a tin of sweetened condensed milk thickened with gelatin. tastes delish.

kinna54, Mar 21, 9:21am
Winnie you are a gem.I used to buy this at a cafe in Napier, over 20years ago, and had lost this recipe.
They used to make it with a granola base, and called it yoghurt pie,and foldedfresh fruit pieces thru it. (to match whatever flavour jelly eg. strawberries, or kiwifruit with lime jelly, or canned mandarin oranges with orange jelly,)but I'm sure the recipe you have posted is almost identical to what they made.
Thank You so much! for posting it. Will be making this for sure!

babytears, Jul 23, 1:41am
I really want to make cheesecake - and reallise that cream cheese is more often than not a vital ingredient, but was wondering if anyone out there had a recipe without cream cheese as I don't have any :(.... but I do have sour cream :)

babytears, Jul 23, 1:43am
I also have lemon jelly and cream and gelatine... hmmmm

clgodkin, Jul 23, 1:48am
Have you looked up the baked version? Not as nice in my opinion but they may have alternative ingredients

lost-in-oz, Jul 23, 1:48am
You can also use marscapone, ricotta and some even use cottage cheese

babytears, Jul 23, 1:51am
I have had a bit of a look around at both baked and unbaked, but all of them so far need cream cheese, and unfortunately I don't have ricotta or cottage cheese

lost-in-oz, Jul 23, 1:51am

lost-in-oz, Jul 23, 1:52am
Could you make more of a mousse cake then and pretend it's cheesecake?

babytears, Jul 23, 1:56am
Yeah I was thinking that... I'm wondering if I whipped up eggs, sugar, sourcream and lemon jelly, or gelatine and poured onto a biscuit base and cooked it, I wonder what would happen

babytears, Jul 23, 1:57am
Thanks for those... now I'm getting a bit desperate... they look yummy! Hahaha

winnie231, Jul 23, 2:07am
I have a cheats version which isn't really a 'cheesecake' at all but that's what I called it when I started making it WAYYYY back in primary school ...
1 jelly (any flavour)
1 sml yoghurt (flavour to complement the jelly)
1 sml bottle of cream, whipped

Make a biscuit base as usual.
Make the jelly with only 1 cup of water & allow to cool but not set.
Whip cream, beat yoghurt into cream, beat cool jelly into cream/yoghurt mix & pile onto biscuit base. Set in fridge & decorate with matching fresh or tinned fruit, cream, white choc curls, ...
Enjoy!

babytears, Jul 23, 2:37am
Sounds great... thank you!!!

babytears, Jul 24, 1:41am
I really want to make cheesecake - and reallise that cream cheese is more often than not a vital ingredient, but was wondering if anyone out there had a recipe without cream cheese as I don't have any :(. but I do have sour cream :)

babytears, Jul 24, 1:43am
I also have lemon jelly and cream and gelatine. hmmmm

clgodkin, Jul 24, 1:48am
Have you looked up the baked version! Not as nice in my opinion but they may have alternative ingredients

babytears, Jul 24, 1:51am
I have had a bit of a look around at both baked and unbaked, but all of them so far need cream cheese, and unfortunately I don't have ricotta or cottage cheese

lost-in-oz, Jul 24, 1:52am
Could you make more of a mousse cake then and pretend it's cheesecake!

babytears, Jul 24, 1:56am
Yeah I was thinking that. I'm wondering if I whipped up eggs, sugar, sourcream and lemon jelly, or gelatine and poured onto a biscuit base and cooked it, I wonder what would happen

babytears, Jul 24, 1:57am
Thanks for those. now I'm getting a bit desperate. they look yummy! Hahaha

winnie231, Jul 24, 2:07am
I have a cheats version which isn't really a 'cheesecake' at all but that's what I called it when I started making it WAYYYY back in primary school .
1 jelly (any flavour)
1 sml yoghurt (flavour to complement the jelly)
1 sml bottle of cream, whipped

Make a biscuit base as usual.
Make the jelly with only 1 cup of water & allow to cool but not set.
Whip cream, beat yoghurt into cream, beat cool jelly into cream/yoghurt mix & pile onto biscuit base. Set in fridge & decorate with matching fresh or tinned fruit, cream, white choc curls, .
Enjoy!

babytears, Jul 24, 2:37am
Sounds great. thank you!