I don't think so Woolworths

Page 1 / 2
jfd, Nov 30, 4:54am
On the back of their select range pasta 'The history of Pasta began more than 150 years ago in the Naples region'... . . followed by a load more tosh

I'd hazard a guess the office junior wrote this. WTF? How stupid do they think consumers are. Techincally they are correct. but seriously?

rosewildvinyl, Nov 30, 6:37am
does it really matter?
I make my own pasta & whether the recipe is 150yrs old or not, do wemind, if it is healthy & tastes good?

missapril, Nov 30, 6:43am
It's debateable that it is healthy! ! ;o)
And like rice. . it's tasteless unless you add a creamy sauce or similar to it!
But poster #1. . I'm impressed that you read the backs of packet... many don't!

uli, Nov 30, 6:45am
How are they "technically" correct?

Edit to include: rosewildvinyl - it seems nothing seems to matter - if it is correct or not - in your world?

davidt4, Nov 30, 7:16am
No they're not correct in any sense of the word. The history of pasta and noodles goes back to Marco Polo, and food historians still debate whether the origin was Europe or China.

mwood, Nov 30, 7:23am
FFS this is the exact "personal" comments that negate your postings - the topic is the target NOT the person. LMFAO

rosewildvinyl, Nov 30, 7:51am
excuse me - what do you mean?

rosewildvinyl, Nov 30, 8:02am
here we go again you said before you deleted - sadly that seem to be the case.
I can't understand why though.

jfd, Nov 30, 9:55pm
'techincally' it was over a hundred and 150 years ago, and a hell of a lot more than that. It's like say New Zealand was discovered over 20 years ago. That is also true, but not even close to a decent approximation.

davidt4, Nov 30, 10:18pm
This was hardly a welcoming response to a new poster.

cookessentials, Nov 30, 10:22pm
what IS with you lot? ? have we lowered ourselves to the likes of opinion now?

rosewildvinyl, Nov 30, 10:25pm
you think?
Itwasn't intended that way & only somewould take it as such.
Not as unwelcoming & judgemental as #4 though, is it?

barbs77, Nov 30, 10:30pm
STOP IT! Its nearly Christmas we should all be happy!
This is, after all, our time to shine in the kitchen!
No need for pointless bickering! ! !

jfd, Nov 30, 10:59pm
You're a firery bunch aren't you! PMSL.

missapril, Dec 1, 3:57am
What is with you rosewildvinyl? ? ? ? ?
One assumes if another member deletes or edits their post it is because they had second thoughts about what they wrote and wanted others to read. But you have taken it upon yourself to let everyone know what that person wrote? WHY?
Is it because yet again in this thread you want to have the last word?
You certainly don't seem gracious enough to let this thread or the other one die a natural death.
I thought you enjoyed the 'recipe' part of this section? ... maybe not!

rosewildvinyl, Dec 1, 4:20am
I would suggest that I am not the antagonist here if you carefully read the thread taking special note of #4 & #11.
If I transgressed by repeating a deleted post, I'msorry, I didn't know that was in the rules, no different from quoting it before it was deleted, is it?

I could equally ask, what is it with some recipes posters that don't like new posters questioning?
It is quite reassuring to know that I am not alone in what I have noticed.
You bumped the thread not me, I was happy tolet it fade away, OK?

Call this right of reply, not the last word, thank you.

buzzy110, Dec 1, 7:12am
Actually rose your response to poster #1 was unwelcoming. In fact your posts have become more and more strident of late. You asked if it mattered. Well it mattered to Poster #1. You asked if we minded so long as it was healthy. Well I can quote at least 3 scientific facts that prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt that pasta is not only not healthy but seriously injurious to health.

Also, why did you have to put poster #1 down because he/she bought their pasta and not made it?

So you see just how easy it is to have a ligh hearted post taken completely out of context and how, with just three brief lines, you managed to post remarks that belittled poster #1. In fact I'd like to point out to you, that most of your remarks, in this, the ice cream and the 'other' threads have been belittling and mocking in nature toward anyone who doesn't share your point of view.

buzzy110, Dec 1, 7:19am
May I also point out to you, that whilst we are jumped upon for our infactions, when maysept used the term "self-importantsanctimonious bitches, you never raised one word of objection. So it seems you and those who agree with you can use quite offensive and insulting language but when we use much lesser language we are pulled up for them. hewbez seems obssessed with posts questioning one posters medications without knowing the argy bargy that may have preceded these remarks in dozens of other thread over several years.

mwood, Dec 1, 8:05am
LOL some people certainly have a knack of painting themselves into a corner - who on earth was that "maysept" referring to ?

rosewildvinyl, Dec 1, 8:22am
So I'm responsible for other posters' comments too, am I?
Read my reply in the other thread & get your head around the differences between assertive & strident.
I find the tone of your posts to me offensive.
Thanks for the welcome here & your qualified analysis of my posts. I'm pleased you have said this, as it confirms what I have thought.
btw where have I used offensive or insulting language.

buzzy110, Dec 1, 10:16am
Rose I am not going to bother continuing this argument with you. Your thoughts are irrelevant and your continued and repetitive negativity has very little to do with assertiveness and everything to do with plain old stridency.

You are not responsible for the foul and abusive language of others, but as the ones using such language are your supporters, it would have been better if you had pulled them up immediately rather than passively letting it stand. Using such language by proxy is still using it. I personally wouldn't appreciate any form of support if it came from potty mouthed, name calling people. It just shows their inability to express themselves logically and intelligently. It speaks volumes about these people and those who allow themselves to be supported by them.

I find it amusing that these people call us badly raised and impugn the wonderful jobs our parents have done, whilst showing themselves to be even less well bought up than those they are denigrating.

pickles7, Dec 1, 10:19am
good grief... yep one of the same... ...

lizab, Dec 1, 7:38pm
LOVE THIS QUOTE! ! It's our time to shine in the kitchen! That's so true it's given me goosebumps! ! ! ! Thank you :):)

jfd, Dec 1, 7:55pm
Just for the record. i don't feel belittled or unwelcome as I don't think she understood the intent of my original post. I was referring to the tosh that gets put out there by marketing people which as consumers we should be mindful of. If they can get something so fundamentally wrong, have 6 people sign off on it and actually have it printed on the back of a product it shows a certain level of contempt for the people who buy their products.

As for the off topic comments. Just let it go folks. Please.

greerg, Dec 1, 9:06pm
I'm with Pam and others - this is awful and sounds like kindergarten. This is a great thread but it's getting really tacky and it didn't used to be.