Chilli burning hands

cartooncath, Jul 22, 7:22am
Hi.I was preparing a batch of curry to make tomorrow for freezer.I have been chopping heaps of chilli's and have very dry hands at the moment.Have the major burn going on even though I have washed my hands about five times lol. Can't remember the tip to take the chilli off my hands......does anyone know......Murphys law I have itchy eyes and nose and lips....lol...just everywhere.

jag5, Jul 22, 8:22am
Not sure what the remedy is....but I use disposable gloves when handling chilies now....keep a box under the sink

245sam, Jul 22, 8:43am
cartooncath, I don't really know what the proper/best remedy is for your hands so mine is a suggestion only.First though, very important - don't touch your face (eyes, nose, lips, mouth.....) and don't touch any other sensitive areas of your body either with those 'chilli hands".

Now my suggestion.....To calm a too-hot chilli dish when one is eating that dish, the recommended drink is milk or something similar e.g. yoghurt, so IMO you need to stop washing your hands which is probably only making them worse and here's my suggestion - try soaking your hands in milk.

I sooo help that helps - please let us know if you try my suggestion and how much it helps.:-))