Out go my recipe books!

dollmakernz, Jul 15, 9:19am
Just sorting through my rather large stash of recipe books and most of them are going! We've got a fundraising book sale on Sunday in Tapanui and as almost all the recipes that I use are online these days, I don't need em!
I've still got some favourites that I can't bring myself to get rid though!

elliehen, Jul 15, 12:02pm
I immediately looked at your listings to see what was there...

dollmakernz, Jul 15, 12:44pm
I'm giving em away! and there are heaps including 117 set of microwave know how recipe mags and acomplete set of20 recipe encyclopedias

margyr, Jul 15, 7:55pm
I still have some of mine, but sold alot. Like you I just go online now, much quicker.

dollmakernz, Jul 16, 12:11am
I've condensed 2 shelves that were 2 deep and top to bottom full into one shelf one row deep! It looks really bare, no doubt I'll have it full with junk in no time! *sigh*
TM recipes is the first place I always go when I need a recipe these days! :o)
Thankyou all you wonderful cooks and your fantastic recipes!

elliehen, Jul 16, 12:22pm
Any older New Zealand ones??

alewis, Jul 16, 2:07pm
arnt we all guilty of that!! - loads of cookbooks, but they are lovely to have a look over every now and then. I think a ringbinder or clearfile of favs / must have receipes and then as you say the net - I got the most amazing chocolate fudge sauce recipe online I couldnt have found a better one in my books if I had looked thru all of them and that would have taken me hours - times have changed!!!! good on you poster 1and theres always the photocopier for any that you dont want to part with.

elliehen, Jul 17, 2:52am
..and to read at leisure now and then!They are just books, after all, and I love to read from my cookbooks without the slightest guilt that I am not up at the stove splattering them.

kinna54, Jul 17, 9:18am
I still love my books, like others I love to just browse thru them at times,but use online recipes as well. However I do like recipes that members post and recommendas tried and true,rather than just hitting google and being a bit hit and miss.

pickles7, Jul 17, 11:48am
Same here,
Some of the old recipe books are outrageous now, We just don't eat those foods any more." KISS", in our house now

elliehen, Jul 17, 10:50pm
...which makes them all the more fun to read ;)That's domestic social history.

lissy73, Jul 18, 6:20am
I love my old cook books. Check out what a chicken USED to look like