I need a low fat, low calorie recipe for cooking

elsielaurie1, Jul 15, 9:10am
chicken breast.I have tried doing it in a casserole with tomatoes, red pepper, onions, but found the end result to very dry. Perhaps I overcooked it? I would appreciate tips and ideas....thank you in advance.

nfh1, Jul 15, 9:23am
It does sound as though you may have overcooked it elsielaurie1 - I use this site quite a lot, thousands of recipes to try!

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/lr/low_fat_chicken_recipes/196914/3/

elsielaurie1, Jul 15, 9:27am
Hi - thanks - I will check that site out and let you know......MFP Heather1945...lol...:-}

nfh1, Jul 15, 9:44am
LOL - I know!!

lizab, Jul 15, 8:32pm
I love balsamic chicken. It's really easy and really low in fat. (I've lost almost 10kgs these last 8 weeks making easy low fat dinners!!) I just marinate some chicken (weighing up however much you've allowed yourself) in chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and garlic. Stir fry the chicken (taken out of the marinade) in a non stick wok with a tiny spray of cooking oil. When browned, add veggies of your choice, pour over the marinade, bring to the boil and it's done when the veg are cooked. I make up big batches of it and freeze portions for during the week. I love it with couscous (half a cup of dry couscous, add half a cup of boiling water with a little chicken stock powder, cover with gladwrap and leave for a few mins) Fork through the couscous and top with the balsamic chicken.

elsielaurie1, Jul 15, 8:54pm
Mmmm....sounds delish...Thank you.

ashanti, Jul 16, 1:26am
Which is less fattening rice or cous cous? I have decided I really need to lose weight, I eat a lot of meat but do trim fat off, but I love rice, but I wonder maybe I am eating too much of it.

ashanti, Jul 16, 1:26am
oops sorry meant to start another thread, but if you know the answer taht would be appreciated.