Anyone easy and tasty goat meat recipes please

seaside_gifts, Jul 15, 3:04am
I've got some goat mince, a small roast leg and chops like lamb chop cut.

antoniab, Jul 15, 5:21am
Mypartner does an amazing carribian (sp) goat curry - think his recipe is adapted from Hugh Fearnly Whats-his-face's recipe which is online.
Better for the crappy cuts of meat though - not nice ones like you have :)

beaker59, Jul 15, 5:28am
Lucky you :)

I make small meatballs with goat mince,

Mince goat1 Kg
Minced fatty pork or bacon1/2 Kg
hand full each of rosemary and thyme finely chopped
half tsp each of dried chilli, cumin and salt and some minced garlic
an egg and a tablespoon of flour

mix well then form small balls and fry

The leg roast I do mine in covered pan for 3 hours at 160 fan bake along with whole garlic cloves plenty of fat or oil and a big sprig of fresh rose mary add the roast potatoes for the last hour. Also works well in slow cooker.

The chops are nice casseroled or grilled with a garlic salt rub any lamb recipe works well.

I really like roast goat leg its probably my favourite roast.

goatchickens, Jul 15, 8:42pm
You could make koftas with the mince.Koftas is a spicy middle eastern meatball, in whatever kind of savoury sauce you like, and we usually do ours in tomato sauce.

For each 1 lg of mince, add 1/2 tsp each of cumin, mild curry powder, ground coriander seed, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper of chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 a finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup flour (I use rice flour or chick pea flour for a different taste/texture), 1 egg.Mix it all together well, form into meatballs about the size of a walnut and brown.Once they're all nicely browned, add 1-2 tins of tomatoes (whole, chopped, whatever, it doesn't matter, but make sure they are PLAIN, so as not to interfere with the flavours you've already put in), cover and let simmer for about half an hour on a low heat.Then remove the cover and all the sauce to reduce by half.Serve with rice.YUM.

For the leg, all I do is liberally dowse with olive oil, sprinkle with smoked garlic salt and steam roast for 1-2 hours (depending on size of joint).Then remove the roaster lid and allow to go a little crispy on top.Another one is just olive oil, garlic, rosemary and sea salt, roasted in the same way.Also really good with roughly cut chunks of orange kumera put in the roasting pan in the last half hour of roasting.