Jo Seager's recipe for banana sticky date pudding

dbab, Jul 10, 11:29pm
x1
in the latest Australian Woman's Weekly is sooooo good.
It would serve more than 6-8 people though. My husband and I had a good slab each and I have frozen the rest for another time.

sweater, Jul 11, 12:25am
SOUNDS YUM, PLEASE WOULD YOU SHARE THE RECIPE

dbab, Jul 11, 3:32am
Sticky banana and date pudding with butterscotch sauce. Serves 6-8

1 cup chopped pitted dates; 1 tsp baking soda;100gms butter;3/4 cup caster sugar;2 eggs; 1 tsp vanilla;1 1/4 cups self raising flour;2-3 bananas sliced.
1. Preheat oven to 180*.Spray a 22-23cm square cake tin and then line with baking paper
2.Place the dates in a small saucepan or microwave bowl with 1 cup hot water. Bring to the boil, then add the baking soda. Stir well and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale. Add the eggs, vanilla and flour then beat in the dates and their liquid. Mix in the banana slices then pour the batter into prepared tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Serve with butterscotch sauce poured over, and ice cream or whipped cream.

For the sauce
1 cup brown sugar; 100gms butter; 1 cup cream.
Place all in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until it comes to a good boil. Boil for 1 minute, then pour over the pudding.( I did my sauce in the microwave for 1 minute on high and it was lovely)
A while ago when I made sticky date puddings, I did them in muffin pans. I froze what we didn't use, and then reheated them in the microwave, and made a new batch of sauce.

Enjoy!!

winnie15, Jul 17, 5:32am
yum i'm going to make this tomorrow!

dbab, Jul 18, 12:03am
We had some from the freezer last night. It was just as good as feshly made.

winnie15, Jul 18, 5:32am
yum i'm going to make this tomorrow!

dbab, Jul 19, 12:03am
We had some from the freezer last night. It was just as good as freshly made.

glenys21, Jul 19, 2:52am
x1
This is a very nice yummy pudding..!!Definitely writing this in recipe book. :)

winnie15, Jul 19, 4:03am
Oh yes! its a divine pudding ...yummy!!

beechee51, Jul 19, 9:23am
That is very simular to her sticky date pudding which is yummy!

antoniab, Jul 19, 9:38am
Yummy will try this later on in the week :)

susieq9, Jul 19, 10:41am
Made these tonight and they were delicious. Halved the recipe and it made 6 muffin sized sticky date puddings. Will freeze the rest. You have to try them.

kob, Jul 20, 1:45am
made this today omg it was the bomb feed 8 of us hugely could of feed 12 of us just fine with ice cream added I just used the sauce and nothing else.

glenys21, Jul 20, 2:52am
This is a very nice yummy pudding.!Definitely writing this in recipe book. :)

winnie15, Jul 20, 4:03am
Oh yes! its a divine pudding .yummy!

winnie15, Jul 27, 9:08am
kob, you may have to put this in your budget thread and price it .. it's an extra special treat aye!

kob, Jul 27, 3:54pm
will do WinnieI did cook it but it wasn't on my menu plan so will price it up for you and put it on there

kob, Jul 27, 5:14pm
Cost breakdoewn for B & D sticky Date Pudd was $8.30

winnie15, Jul 28, 9:08am
kob, you may have to put this in your budget thread and price it . it's an extra special treat aye!

kob, Jul 28, 3:54pm
will do WinnieI did cook it but it wasn't on my menu plan so will price it up for you and put it on there

dbab, Jul 10, 11:29pm
in the latest Australian Woman's Weekly is sooooo good.
It would serve more than 6-8 people though. My husband and I had a good slab each and I have frozen the rest for another time.

dbab, Jul 11, 3:32am
Sticky banana and date pudding with butterscotch sauce. Serves 6-8

1 cup chopped pitted dates; 1 tsp baking soda;100gms butter;3/4 cup caster sugar;2 eggs; 1 tsp vanilla;1 1/4 cups self raising flour;2-3 bananas sliced.
1. Preheat oven to 180*.Spray a 22-23cm square cake tin and then line with baking paper
2.Place the dates in a small saucepan or microwave bowl with 1 cup hot water. Bring to the boil, then add the baking soda. Stir well and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale. Add the eggs, vanilla and flour then beat in the dates and their liquid. Mix in the banana slices then pour the batter into prepared tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Serve with butterscotch sauce poured over, and ice cream or whipped cream.

For the sauce
1 cup brown sugar; 100gms butter; 1 cup cream.
Place all in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until it comes to a good boil. Boil for 1 minute, then pour over the pudding.( I did my sauce in the microwave for 1 minute on high and it was lovely)
A while ago when I made sticky date puddings, I did them in muffin pans. I froze what we didn't use, and then reheated them in the microwave, and made a new batch of sauce.

Enjoy!