Rice Bubbles/Honey square

flyingpencil, Mar 19, 12:33pm
Does anyone know this old recipe. Used to eat it as a kid 30+ years ago.

orange3, Mar 19, 5:56pm
125g Butter, 125g Sugar 2 Tb Honey. Boil together for 5 minutes then add 5 cups rice bubbles and pour into a cake tin and smooth out. Easy! !

jessie981, Mar 19, 8:17pm
Can substitute the honey with golden syrup.

flyingpencil, Mar 21, 4:49am
Thanks heaps!

pkv, Mar 21, 7:48am
I am gonna make this tomorrow! ! !

poppy62, Mar 22, 8:03am
There is also a yummy one of these rice bubble squares made using marshmallows instead of the honey.

ccoffee, Mar 22, 10:03am
put the ricebubbles in the oven for a short time to heat up first, stops the toffeesetting too quickly while you are mixing .

coach2, Mar 23, 12:02am
could you substitue 5 cups of crushed weetbix?

maandpa2b, Mar 23, 12:17am
give it a go, it'll be different by no reason why it shouldn't be tasty. I would start with adding 3 cups though and work up to the 5 just in case it gets a bit dry

coach2, Mar 23, 12:22am
thanks- good advice

st_allie, Mar 23, 1:57am
pak n save have 4 packs of rice bubbles or corn flakes for $5 as their special this week

unknowndisorder, May 13, 12:41am
bumping for someone looking for this recipe :)

brocky55, May 13, 6:53am
Thank-you for your recipe Orange 3 that was very much like the recipe I used to make up for my kids but I used to add desc coconut as well. Now it seems I'm making it up for the grand-children. L. O. L.

marcs, May 13, 6:56am
I add cocoa powder to mine to get the chocolate flavour. You can add peanut butter to it or vanilla.

dilligaf_dah, May 13, 10:46pm
When using Golden Syrup you can add 1teaspoon of baking soda after boiling for the 5 minutes and just before adding the ricebubbles make it lighter and more like hockey pokey slice. real yummy. You can ad the small marshmellows as well when adding the rice bublles Play with the recipe and change lots of fun.

griffo4, May 13, 11:27pm
We used to make it for our kids and they loved cornflakes instead of ricies sooo yummm and with runny honey from our bees extra yum

randomized, May 13, 11:45pm
or Three Mars/moro bars melted(No need for sugar)

fionaschuler, Jun 20, 6:13am
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM have been craving these all day (not pregnant so nt having those sort of cravings) couldnt resist but had no idea how to make them thanks TMMBers always there when you need a recipe

tickandnans, Jun 20, 7:14am
use brown sugar instead of white tastes better

tzuri, Jun 25, 2:52am
How ingenious. Why didn't I think of that.

doc_lucky, Sep 5, 3:04am
mine is the best ... lol ... . and not sickly sweet just yummy I made some yesterday for kids lunchbox's hubby and I ate half last night ...

5 cups ricies
100 grms butter
50 grms sugar
2 big heaped tbls of honey

bring sugar, honey and butter to boil then pour over ricies and pack into tray as usual and chill ... . .