Has anyone got a recipe for a pav

fatboy6, Jul 8, 2:41am
that you put in a hot oven and turn it off right away.

I have a terrible oven it is burning everythng on top

245sam, Jul 8, 2:59am
fatboy6, here, from Trademe Cooks are some choices for you.....

"Never failed for me, and oh so yummy!!
3 Egg Whites; 1 1/4 cups Sugar; 3 tspn Cornflour; 3 tblspn Cold Water; 1 tspn Vinegar; 1/2 tspn Vanilla Essence Beat egg whites until stiff (peaks form which don’t collapse). Gradually add the water then the sugar while still beating. Mixture should be stiff and glossy. While still beating add the cornflour, vinegar and finally the vanilla essence. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and wipe to moisten the paper. Pile the mixture onto the paper and shape into a round cake shape, about 20cm diameter. Preheat oven to 180oC. Put the pavlova in the centre. After 5 minutes turn the oven off – do not open the door. Leave the pavlova in the oven as if cools, for one hour.
posted by sharon65

this is the one i've used for years from the rally cook book.
3 egg whites, 3 Tb water, 1 1/4c sugar, 3 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp vinegar, vanilla. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Whip egg whites until stiff and white (but not dry) add water 1 Tb at a time while beating. Add sugar gradually all the while beating. Stop beaters, add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla, mix all together. Wet a piece of baking paper and place on baking sheet. Pile Pav mixture on to it in a rough circle about 4-5cm high. Bung in oven for 5 mins, then turn off oven and leave in for an hour. Pav should lift off neatly from the paper, decorate with cream and fruit.
posted by tw1nkle

easy, fail proof
put 4 egg whites into large mixing bowl (room Temperature) add 2 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp vinegar, 1 and half cups sugar (caster if you have it but doesnt matter too much) and 4 Tablsp boiling water. Mix until stiff. Heat oven to hot. Put pave onto tray. Put in oven and turn oven off. Leave to cool in oven 2 - 3 hours. Eat and enjoy.
posted by shelley39"

Hope those help.:-))

kernal1, Jul 8, 7:43am
Sorry! From years of experience don't think receipe is all that important! Approx 1/2 cup CASTER sugar per egg white..Egg whites (room temp) beaten with about a tablesp of warmish water. Bowl must be completely lint free! Usual additions as advised, and about 1/2 teasp of baking powder! Secret for me is the beating!
For 40 plus years have given the credit for my pavs to my old Kenwood mixer and I beat for at least 15mins! (Sugar completely disolved!) Just pile on greaseproof, higher the better. Hotter oven 'seals', I put in about 180 for a few minutes, turn down to round 150, older oven that takes awhile to cool down so at times even open door to lower heat! Fine after an hour but if not in a hurry just turn oven off and leave. Always nice crispy outside and melt in mouth inside! Turn upside down when removing from oven, greaseproof just peels off!
Tried to teach DIL! No joy! Son found an old Kenwood and now can make pavs as good as his mum!! (Well nearly!) LOL.

kiwilion, Jul 8, 7:16pm
I tend to agree kernal1, I find with the Kenwood every pav is a great success! - I use from 2 to 10 egg recipes and all turn out beautifully,. Must make one again real soon...