Annabell White's Lemon Slice

gildon, Jul 7, 9:35pm
I have been trying to find the recipe for this lovely looking slice Annabell made on Breakfast this morning but can't find it.Do the recipes not go on the web until later in the day?If anyone has it, I would be most grateful if they would share it.

245sam, Jul 7, 9:43pm
That seems to be the case gildon - have a look on this link later in the day.....

http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/recipes-annabelle-white-1686534

pam.delilah, Jul 7, 9:45pm
agree with 245am, the recipe will be on the website later today

jbsouthland, Jul 7, 10:31pm
Thanks will return later...love this thread as what you need to know always get posted....Did look Yummy..am a lemon fan.Made the one pot ChocolateCake from last week was easy but maybe my technique was wrong as tastes ok but abit Packet like...still moist days later though....better with blob of cream.

245sam, Jul 8, 3:48am
x1
Here you are gildon and jbsouthland - note that it is actually a Julie le Clerc recipe.

Lemon Slice
This delicious lemon slice comes from Julie Le Clerc's Simple Cafe Food (RRP $32).
It's a super collection of great recipes ideal for the busy but smart home cook.

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
150g butter cubed

Filling:
4 large eggs
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
finely grated zest of 3 lemons
2/3 cup lemon juice (from about 4-5 lemons)
1/3 flour, sieved
icing sugar to dust

Method: Preheat oven to 180degC. Line a 20x 35cm tin with non stick baking paper.

Place flour and sugar into the bowl of a food processor, pulse to sift.Add butter and process to resemble fine breadcrumbs. Press crumbs evenly over prepared tin.

Bake for 15 mins until golden.Remove from oven and reduce to 140degC.

Filling
Whisk eggs and sugar until very thick and pale.Fold in lemon juice, zest then flour.Pour over crust and bake for 40 mins or until set.Cool completely before cutting into squares.Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Makes 12 squares.:-))

jbsouthland, Jul 8, 3:51am
Many thanks ...Yummy......oh me hips !...lol.

supercook, Jul 8, 3:59am
This is a great recipe we bake it for the cafe very popular. Real easy to bake.

gildon, Jul 10, 5:20am
I made this yesterday but have to say was a little disappointed.I cooked the base well but the filling just soaked into it and made it all a very sweet andlemony goo.It really had to be eaten with a teaspoon.Is this how it is supposed to be???? or did I do something terribly wrong.

245sam, Jul 10, 5:31am
gildon, my guess is that even though your slice didn't turn out as you expected it tasted delicious and lemony fresh.
Have a look at the link I posted above at#2 - along with the recipe on that link is a picture of the cooked slice so you'll be able to compare that slice with how yours looked.:-))

kinna54, Jul 10, 6:12am
Me too! I served mine as dessert, with a bit of natural yoghurt on the side, but it wasn't quite what I expected, I thought it would be firmer more like a citrus tart. Mine looked cooked, had shrunk away fro the edge of the pan, and when tested felt "set" but different to what I had envisaged. Was still yummy.

gildon, Jul 10, 6:45am
Yes sam, mine did look just like the photo on the site and was definitely yummy to eat - just very sticky.I also served it as dessert with some yoghurt.I have some left over and am having a try at freezing it.Not sure whether it will work, but worth a try.