Breadmaker Bread Question

klc1, Jul 7, 10:15am
Have just made first loaf in new breadmaker, looks great but it is very soft on top.How easy is it to cut these loaves?When I bought the machine I noticed they were displaying electric knives along side them.

dwyn5, Jul 7, 10:50am
We find using an electric knife is the best way to cut the loaves.

gildon, Jul 8, 1:15am
Just use a decent bread knife.We find a good one does the job very well and you don't need to pay out for an electric knife.

245sam, Jul 8, 1:26am
We have 3 really good bread knives but for preference I'm with dwyn5 re cutting really fresh bread from the breadmaker i.e. IMO the best option is to use an electric knife.:-))

klc1, Jul 8, 6:32am
Thanks guys.Have bought an electric knife.

veejay13, Jul 8, 9:09am
It's easier to slice if it's cooled right down - 3 or 4 hours after taking it out of the breadmaker.

macandrosie, Jul 8, 9:28am
Did you take the loaf out as soon as it was cooked? if you don't they can sweat & this can cause softness.

puppetman, Jul 8, 11:29am
Yes, take it out and put on a wire rack. With buns as well. If you want crunchy crust leave as is on rack... softer, put a tea towel over as they cool. mmmmm My breadmaker is loaded up and will hopefully have a nice loaf mid-morning. Unless of course we get another lightning storm. It might be a black lump and sparks coming out of the breadmaker! lol ;)

thomson-tes, Jul 8, 6:14pm
If you need to cut bread while it is still warm, you need to wipe the electric knife as I find it gathers bread on the side of the blade and catches and I manage to tear the bread.I find that cooled bread cuts better.