Ideas for smoked salmon pleaes

courtney2004, Jul 7, 12:29am
Been given a heap of smoked salmon fillets but now what to do with them impart from crackers and sour cream and salmon - ideas please. I don't like the idea of eating salmon normally but have fallen in love with smoked salmon to my luck!!

davidt4, Jul 7, 1:10am
Smoked Salmon & Potato Salad

Serves 4

enough smoked salmon for 4
750g young waxy-fleshed potatoes
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
a good handful flat-leaf parsley
a lemon, grated zest and juice
6 tbsp freshly grated parmesan

Wash the potatoes and rub well with your thumb to remove any loose flakes of skin. Steam for 10-20 minutes or so until tender, checking them with a skewer regularly.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the oil, chopped parsley and lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper.
Put the parmesan in a single layer on a baking sheet. Get an overhead grill hot, then let the cheese cook under it till pale gold. (Keep an eye on it – at first it will take ages then suddenly it will brown in seconds.)
Remove potatoes from the heat and slice each one in half lengthways. Toss gently in the lemon and parsley dressing then dust with the grated, toasted parmesan. Serve with the salmon.

cookessentials, Jul 7, 1:22am
Is it wood smoked? If so, I have a great recipe for a salmon and orzo dish which is a favourite in our house.

ent1, Jul 7, 1:27am
Hi, yes its wood smoked I have been told!

lythande1, Jul 7, 2:22am
1 1/2 pounds smoked salmon fillet
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 cups cooked rice
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup velouté sauce
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 recipe brioche dough
1 egg, beaten
2 cups velouté sauce

PREPARATION
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash salmon; pat dry. Remove any bones and skin. Slice salmon thin and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Sauté onion in oil. Add the mushrooms and parsley. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Roll out brioche dough into a rectangle 1/4 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet. Arrange a layer of onion mix, rice, and eggs over the whole length of dough to within one inch from edges. Top with salmon slices. Place remaining onion mix, rice and eggs over salmon.
Top with remaining salmon.
Pour velouté over filling. Brush edges of dough with water. Fold over mix. Seal all edges and roll pastry so that seam is underneath. Brush dough with egg. Decorate with pieces of dough. Let rise at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes.
To serve:
Place the whole coulibiac on a platter for display. Slice into portions. Serve on warm plates. Serve velouté sauce separately.

cookessentials, Jul 7, 2:56am
Salmon & Orzo Salad.

We have this often as it s quick and easy to prepare when I am late home. I usually dont bother with the peas and i dont always add the snipped dill. I use the wood smoked salmon with the pepper/chilli on the top wich is a nice addition. Yu can buy the "sproutman" baby spinach leaves in a bag from most supermarkets. I also add more lemon zest for our taste.

1 cup orzo, cooked
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Grated rind 1 lemon
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach leaves
200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through. Serve in bowls.

garfeild101, Jul 7, 4:06am
yes i agree i love smoked salmon with cream cheese on bread corners or club sammies too

rainrain1, Jul 7, 4:21am
I recommend you make cooksessentials recipe, It's beautiful, and a favourite of mine now .....yummy yum yum

jubellsrose, Jul 7, 5:24am
this sounds very tasty.How long do you cook the orzo for please.

cookessentials, Jul 7, 9:32am
Just follow the instructions on th packet. I add a little olive oil and salt to the water, so it does not stick together. Boil and taste it, you want it al dente not mushy.

cookessentials, Jul 7, 9:33am
Yes, we love it too

feraljess, Jul 7, 9:59pm
My absolute favourite is smoked salmon pizza - make or buy bases and top with red onion, smoked salmon, spring onions, cubed cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, cracked pepper and a bit of caesar sauce if you like.

cookessentials, Jul 8, 2:45am
add some whole capers for a wonderful flavour.