Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave?

lisah8, Jul 5, 11:43pm
Anyone know a successful way of doing this?

Just 1 of my kids likes scrambled eggs for breakfast and it's a pain just doing one scrambled egg in the frypan for her.

I was wondering if anyone had success doing them in the microwave?

westigal, Jul 5, 11:50pm
2 eggs, 1/4cmilk, beat together in cooking bowl , salt and pepper,45 secs on high, stir, 30 secs on high,stir, eggs should be just setting and will be a little runny but will continue cooking as you dish them up. Easy peasy and yum. Top with grated cheese if desired

mitsi110, Jul 5, 11:50pm
Put as many eggs as you like in a glass caserole dish or similar, add a slash of milk and some salt & pepper, curry powder and/or chicken stock, beat all together for a few seconds with a hand beater. Nuke for a min, beat again briefly, nuke for about 30 seconds, stir with a spoon, nuke again. Keep an eye on it and you can tell when its cooked. This is on a 100 watt microwave.

malcovy, Jul 5, 11:53pm
2 eggs, little milk, salt and pepper.Cook on high for 30 seconds, stir and cook again for 20 seconds.Similar to westigals, just less cooking time.It does depend on microwave and how long you need to cook them for.Good experiment for you :)

lx4000, Jul 5, 11:54pm
as long as the eggs are beaten before cooking, you will not have them explode!! Always under cook as they will cook once out!!

norse_westie, Jul 5, 11:56pm
My 13 year old makes them for his breakfast most days. I cant bear the name, the smell or the thought of them, so thank heavens he does it when I am in the shower. He googled a recipe apparently. According to the other four kids, he does a perfect job too.

lisah8, Jul 6, 12:04am
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

lisah8, Jul 6, 12:09am
One more thing..do I need to cover the jug when in the microwave?

carl-van-essen, Jul 6, 12:14am
It's very easy to do in the microwave. However it comes out very bland. I sometimes cook chicken in the microwave as well, but it comes out very bland.

lx4000, Jul 6, 12:37am
till you get used to it, place a hand towel over it

winnie231, Jul 6, 12:44am
You don't need to cover them lisah8 :)
They don't come out bland either ... or shouldn't if you do them right.
I have them 3-4 times a week.
2-3 eggs whisked in a bowl or jug (best in one with straight sides not one that is wider at the top than bottom), a splash of milk for each egg, a knob of butter (1tspn-ish), s&p & 1-2Tblspns fresh chopped parsley (opt).
I cook them on medium power for 1 min, stir, then 30sec & stir, 30sec & stir until nearly cooked. As the others have said, they will finish cooking on their own.
Pile onto 2 pieces of hot buttered toast and enjoy. Mmmmm :)

darlingmole, Jul 6, 1:20am
When microwaves first came out in NZ my mum was taught how they worked as she was selling them and the golden rule was to NEVER add salt because it makes the eggs rubbery

tubbo007, Jul 6, 2:28am
1 egg
table spoon of water
pinch of salt
1min microwave
mix egg well water salt cook done
you could also add a wee bit of butter to taste
my baby only eats scrambled eggs for breakfast he wont eat cereal or toast anything so tried this (my mum used to do it for me) and yay he loves it

winnie231, Jul 6, 2:35am
I was always told this too dm but after trying both with & without salt ... I couldn't tell any difference so now I just add it in.

tubbo007, Jul 6, 2:37am
for flavour salt is good BUT if u over cook microwaved egg even for 5 second they go rubbery

spongeypud, Jul 6, 4:29am
I give them a stir after about 20/30 seconds. I always keep mine runny as they will keep cooking when you take them out,

micky_1, Jul 6, 4:50am
All due respectbut that was many many years ago now...alot has changed I add salt and never have rubbery eggs...