Tofu - could I make Chilli with it?

nfh1, Jul 5, 6:09am
My housesitter left a pack of Tofu in the fridge - could I use it for chilli?I understand it has no flavour and thought chilli might be good???Thanks.

lx4000, Jul 5, 6:46am
you can add it to a chilli dish, yip

uli, Jul 5, 6:52am
Or you could dump it into the rubbish and cook something else?

ferita, Jul 5, 6:58am
Tofu is very good for you. You can add it to whatever dishes and it will take on the flavour of the dish.

You can marinate it before hand to impart some flavour

nfh1, Jul 5, 7:54am
LOL - I cannot stand waste and thought I would try it - once!

nfh1, Jul 5, 7:55am
Thanks ferita and lx4000 - chilli for dinner tomorrow.

nfh1, Jul 5, 8:10am
I have another question now -

It says 'Soft' tofu - will it still be ok?

frances1266, Jul 5, 9:37am
Soft tofu will prob break up.It is usually used for mayo, desserts etc.

nzkea1, Jul 5, 9:44am
I have used soft Tofu, lightly coat and gently pan fry - Yummo

nfh1, Jul 5, 9:53am
Thank you - perhaps the chilli is off the menu now!

elliehen, Jul 5, 10:23am
Don't feed it to Mr nfh1 ;)

nfh1, Jul 5, 10:32am
It is only a small pack - hopefully he will be OK!!!!

guest, Jan 11, 9:30am
We've arvierd at the end of the line and I have what I need!

guest, Jan 13, 2:03pm
Perhaps this isn't the correct forum for my conmemt but .here goes. On occasion, you post videos of animals that may, indeed, be amusing to folks but, in fact, are treading a fine line between entertainment and abuse of the animal.In addition, one meme in particular, that of the The Wolf, manages to perpetuate a negative image of what is actually a remarkable and rare creature. Wolves are social animals who develop deep and lasting bonds with their siblings and offspring. Male wolves, other than the alpha are actually the designated baby sitters for all of the young whilst living in the family pack. The perpetuation of a scarey image' of wolves only plays into the cruel and inhumane hunting that is being allowed in several of the United States as well as other locales. Other countries; Sweden for example, protect wolves and show high regard for their intelligence and wish to be allowed to live without being hunted or harmed.Please direct more attention to your own postings as well as a bit of discretion regarding those sent to you. Appreciation of the wacky and loveable animals, all animals is such a valuable effort on your part and it would be best if your efforts were a bit more select.

guest, Jan 14, 10:05am
it too was coming back just want to confrim that. Of all the features, I miss that one the most because it prevented me from inadvertantly making a copy cat LOL. Some pics just beg for a certain take on it and it is very likely that another peep had already thought of the same caption idea. My ideal would be if that feature could also be made available for the pics u post for capationing. But that may not be technically possible. When we did have this feature I would use the builder to upload a pic, uncheck the post to voting, create an uncaptioned LOL so I could see all the captions, then create my own LOL and delete the uncaptioned LOL. A lot of steps to take.