Breville Bread Maker

westydogs, Jul 4, 7:51am
I bought one the other day and have done a mixed grain loaf (with the mix) and did a fruit one with allspice cinnnamon and sultanas, jummy.I feel the loaves should be rising higher, anyone got any good recipes, as hubby wants a white one tomorrow.

andrew499, Jul 4, 8:26pm
make sure you use warm water in your bread.also, I microwave my flour for 30-40 seconds before putting it into the bread pan.I find my bread rises better doing this.hope this helps.

chatsmom, Jul 4, 9:27pm
Make sure you shake the yeast in the jar before using it and if you keep it in the fridge, bring up to room temperature before putting in the breadmaker.

kinna54, Jul 5, 3:31am
I have a breville and love it, although mine is old. Definitely warm to hot water, check your measures, (ensure you're using the NZ conversions) 3 tsps yeast to a 750gm loaf. different brands of yeast also vary. (I am just about to try the tasti brand) I use my breville recipes with my tupperware cup measures *1 cup equals approx 158gms flour* 250ml liquid, 1 TBSP 15ml, 1teaspoon 5ml.
Also always use high grade flour

westydogs, Jul 5, 4:47am
Thanks for your help, yes I can understand that yeast needs warmth to rise.Think the water has been a bit too tepid.Made a white one for lunch and half of it has disappeared, that is the problem - LOL

kinna54, Jul 5, 6:36am
for the white bread loaf try the breville french bread recipe, it is lovely and light and crispy crust, we prefer it to the basic loaf. If you haven't got that recipe bump and i will post it.

westydogs, Jul 5, 8:04pm
Yes got that recipe, will try it tomorrow.Thanks