Shin meat recipes in crockpot please

griffo4, Jul 4, 7:38am
l have some shin meat thawing out and l have tried looking for a recipe on here to cook it but couldn't find anything so if anyone has any recipes or hints would be greatly appreciated
l was hoping to do something in the slow cooker tomorrow TIA

pam.delilah, Jul 4, 7:51am
the best for a slow cooker, I just add sliced carrots , chopped onion, mushrooms anda pkt of maggi cook in the pot and a little salt, and very small anount of water or stock , about 1/2 - 1 cup. leave on high for about 4 hours on high or 6 on low. Hope this helps

schnauzer11, Jul 4, 8:17am
Shin meat is lovely.I cook in a pressure-cooker,but slow-cooker recipe would be the same.Like pam.delilah,onions,carrots,may-
be celery(the leavesare tasty.Some died herbs,dessertspoon brown sugar,salt,teaspoon of ginger.Vary it with garlic,swap the herbs for asian spices like garam masala(dessertspoon)cumin,etc.-
I thicken at the end with cornflour in a little water.Stir as thickening.Bon appetit!!

griffo4, Jul 4, 9:05pm
Thank you all for your input l now have a few ideas and with the confidence l have gained from coming here l will make it using some from all the ideas posted
Hubby can't believe how many different meals l now make instead of the same old

griffo4, Jul 5, 7:00am
Thanks it came out great and so tasty l will make it again instead of the dog getting it ;-))
l put in all the vegies l had in the fridge and added the mushrooms 1/2 an hour before serving and also some cornflour to thicken and have some for lunch tomorrow, yum

uli, Jul 5, 7:28am
Are you trying to say to fed shin meat to your DOG?
Pretty amazing!

griffo4, Jul 5, 9:22pm
Hangs head Uli yep we fed it to the dog as l didn't appreciate it but now no more

we have home kill and so a bit naughty but after coming here l have started doing so many different things these days

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 9:47pm
a further hint, I leave the bone on

spot20, Jul 5, 11:20pm
my favorite cut for stewing !!

griffo4, Jul 6, 2:15am
Thanks pam.delilah the butcher cuts the bones outso l will ask him to leave it on

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 4:00am
I find that they are $1 cheaper (!)with the bones left on. The marrow from the bone adds to the flavor

uli, Jul 6, 8:01am
Great that you have come to value the shin meat - it is one my my favourite cuts - and I spread the marrow on a slice of sourdough bread - the only one I eat per week now -topped with lots of pepper and salt. That is my entree :)