Making bread....help~

bellabella3, Jul 2, 6:54am
Hullo. We all know that times are tough. I have been making my own bread in a breadmaker for a couple of years now...but since I moved south, it is a disaster every time. Can so eone help please? I am following recipe to the exact comma, yeast is kept in the fridge etc etc. Tonight's masterpiece is a complete disaster...sunen in the middle with a big fat empty crust on top. Wah.

lx4000, Jul 2, 8:34pm
change your recipe!!

Search here ( will bump up) for different recipies:)

bellabella3, Jul 2, 11:54pm
Thank you!!

teejay2, Jul 3, 1:57am
dont know if it is anything to do with it, but when I make bread on a cold day, it is a flop if I put the breadmaker by the window, but works well if I put it by the stove....odd but true...

cameo36, Jul 3, 4:24am
I agree teejay my bread has not been the same lately, in the past the bread has risen to touch the viewing window not anymore!! I complained thinking it was the yeast and Goodman Fielder very kindly replaced the yeast I had bought, made another one this morning with the new yeast and it is still the same. Room temperature does have a lot to do with it, I had all ingredients out of the pantry well before I started but unfortunately still the same. Oh well they it will do for toast!!

dinky17, Jul 3, 7:35am
I warm the flour and yeast in the microwave first,bloodwarm...for what it is worth..lol

cgvl, Jul 3, 8:35am
I don't use Edmonds yeast anymore. Go for the Tasti brand instead.

winnie15, Jul 3, 9:48am
i found it was the flour, seems our supermarket is stocking older flour.
but will try tasti yeast next time