Excitedly sharing secipes

rog.e, Mar 19, 1:37am
I am really inspired by uli's flipper recipe. So Off I went hunting weird recipes. Seems there are lots! A whole workd of cooking I knew nothing about!
V

http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/index.htm

rog.e, Mar 19, 1:39am
Especially this wonderful example:

Kitty Litter cake
1 pk Spice cake mix
1 pk White cake mix
1 pk White sandwich cookies
1 sm Package instant vanilla pudding mix
12 sm Tootsie Rolls

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions. Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender. They tend to stick, so scrape often.

When cakes are cooled, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Gently combine. Pour into a clean kitty litter box.

Put unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave safe dish two at a time and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat until you have nine, and bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Heat three more Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

Collected by Bert Christensen
Toronto, Ontario

winnie231, Mar 19, 2:02am
Don't you just love American cooking ... yummmm!

buzzy110, Mar 19, 2:12am
Excellent recipe rog. e. And it is so healthy too! Sadly the originator hasn't heard of sweetened condensed milk or it would be even more nutritious.

rog.e, Mar 19, 2:20am
he he buzzy - you would be right there I think.

buzzy110, Mar 19, 2:29am
What about this gem. Apparently people love it!

Copper Penny Salad:
Ingredients:
1 pound carrots scraped and cut into rounds
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/2 chopped green pepper
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook carrots until crisp tender (do not over cook or they will be mushy). Combine soup, oil, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in a bowl.

Beat with mixer until sugar dissolves. Mix carrots and chopped vegetables in a glass bowl. Pour the dressing over and mix well. Marinate 12 hours. Keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days.

griffo4, Mar 19, 7:41am
buzzy110 l have seen that made up and it didn't look appetizing so l have never been brave enough to try it but some do like it

buzzy110, Mar 19, 8:57pm
I'm excited to hear more wonderful recipes like that posted in #1.

ruby19, Nov 14, 7:16pm
This is one you must try on your guests. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Salted-Water-fo
r-Boiling-105591

The reviews make this hilarious!