GF Bread mix? - recipe anyone?

js4sj, Mar 18, 11:14pm
I have the wonderful Bin Inn flour mix but now need a recipe to make a bread or bread rolls with does anyone have one of these? as I really want to make open hamburgers for tea tonight.

js4sj, Mar 18, 11:18pm
sorry just notice I mucked up the heading! ! ! I have the bread mix but need a recipe for making bread or rolls with! ! !

js4sj, Mar 19, 3:02am
bumping for the mrs!

mas45, Mar 19, 5:33am
Hi, I don't have the recipe but Binn Inn have a pamphlet with a recipe for their mix. If your good wife can take a little gluten Vogels do an "Ancient grains" or a "Linseed and Soy bread that isn't too bad, better toasted though. The other thing to try is making a loaf out of Spelt flour which has almost no gluten at all and just add a half teaspoon of guar gum which you'll be able to get at Binn Inn. Cheers Matt

js4sj, Mar 19, 5:38am
we make tortillas that are gluten free which are really nice but just want like a hanburger or bread thing. we are instead having fish tonight but still ahve the mince patties out! ! ! the tortilla recipe is 2/4GF flour, 2eggs mixed together to a paste then add a pinch of salt, wisk in 3/4cup milk leave to sit for 30mins I know it looks runny as but give it the fry pan then it does not! ! ! we put about 3-4 serving spoons of runny mix in each time and cook like a piklet really. makes about 4-5 tortillas! ! ! we made some today and added herbs to them really nice.

fifie, Mar 19, 9:13am
http://www.bininn.co.nz/glutenfreebread.htmHere's Recipe for breadmaker or oven method using their flour mix.

angry, Mar 20, 2:40am
Hi, I found this recipe on the gluten free fairy website and I now use it for everything. It makes delicious buns, pizza bases, calzones or any other bread based thing. 2 cups natural unsweetened yoghurt, 3 cups bakels bread mix, 1 pkt Pams onion soup (only GF onion soup on shelves at moment. )
Mix dry ingredients and add yoghurt. Work into ball and roll or squash to desired shape. Is a very sticky mix so you will need extra bread mix or GF flour for dusting. Cook at 200 C for around 10 mins - keep an eye on them as they don't need much cooking.
My kids ask for this bread at least once a week and it is absolutely fantastic in lunches the next day or out of the freezer. My husband, who is not Gf always lines up for this bread and thinks it is better than the real stuff! !

earthangel4, Mar 8, 8:09am
bump up for a poster.

earthangel4, Mar 8, 6:58pm
bumping up for a poster

pommyjohn1, Mar 9, 2:06am
Hi Angry
If you are using your recipe to make a pizza base would you bake the base first then add the toppings and bake again?

cheers

pommyjohn1, Mar 10, 2:06am
Hi Angry
If you are using your recipe to make a pizza base would you bake the base first then add the toppings and bake again!

cheers

js4sj, Mar 19, 11:14pm
I have the wonderful Bin Inn flour mix but now need a recipe to make a bread or bread rolls with does anyone have one of these! as I really want to make open hamburgers for tea tonight.

js4sj, Mar 19, 11:18pm
sorry just notice I mucked up the heading! I have the bread mix but need a recipe for making bread or rolls with!

js4sj, Mar 20, 3:02am
bumping for the mrs!

mas45, Mar 20, 5:33am
Hi, I don't have the recipe but Binn Inn have a pamphlet with a recipe for their mix. If your good wife can take a little gluten Vogels do an "Ancient grains" or a "Linseed and Soy bread that isn't too bad, better toasted though. The other thing to try is making a loaf out of Spelt flour which has almost no gluten at all and just add a half teaspoon of guar gum which you'll be able to get at Binn Inn. Cheers Matt

js4sj, Mar 20, 5:38am
we make tortillas that are gluten free which are really nice but just want like a hanburger or bread thing. we are instead having fish tonight but still ahve the mince patties out! the tortilla recipe is 2/4GF flour, 2eggs mixed together to a paste then add a pinch of salt, wisk in 3/4cup milk leave to sit for 30mins I know it looks runny as but give it the fry pan then it does not! we put about 3-4 serving spoons of runny mix in each time and cook like a piklet really. makes about 4-5 tortillas! we made some today and added herbs to them really nice.

fifie, Mar 20, 9:13am
http://www.bininn.co.nz/glutenfreebread.htmHere's Recipe for breadmaker or oven method using their flour mix.

angry, Mar 21, 2:40am
Hi, I found this recipe on the gluten free fairy website and I now use it for everything.It makes delicious buns, pizza bases, calzones or any other bread based thing. 2 cups natural unsweetened yoghurt, 3 cups bakels bread mix, 1 pkt Pams onion soup (only GF onion soup on shelves at moment.)
Mix dry ingredients and add yoghurt. Work into ball and roll or squash to desired shape. Is a very sticky mix so you will need extra bread mix or GF flour for dusting. Cook at 200 C for around 10 mins - keep an eye on them as they don't need much cooking.
My kids ask for this bread at least once a week and it is absolutely fantastic in lunches the next day or out of the freezer.My husband, who is not Gf always lines up for this bread and thinks it is better than the real stuff!

guest, Apr 1, 1:50am
Hi pommyjohn
No I just tend to make the base then throw on the toppings(which I have already usually cooked) and cook the whole thing for about 10-15 mins.