Icing/Frosting

mallee, Jun 30, 4:34am
Mine always slides right off the damned cake. I never ice a cake until it's cold of course, but I can't seem to get it stiff/thick enough for it to adhere to the top only. What am I doing wrong kind people?

indy95, Jun 30, 4:59am
Mallee, it's really just a matter of experience and a little trial and error. The only reason for icing sliding off the top of a cake is because too much liquid has been added to it. Funny how it always seems to happen when you have just run out of icing sugar, isn't it ?

mallee, Jun 30, 5:09am
You are so right indy, it's like staples running out of your stapler, or the windscreen wipers go on the blink right when you need them Grrr :-)

mallee, Jul 1, 4:34am
Mine always slides right off the damned cake. I never ice a cake until it's cold of course, but I can't seem to get it stiff/thick enough for it to adhere to the top only. What am I doing wrong kind people!

indy95, Jul 1, 4:59am
Mallee, it's really just a matter of experience and a little trial and error. The only reason for icing sliding off the top of a cake is because too much liquid has been added to it. Funny how it always seems to happen when you have just run out of icing sugar, isn't it !

mallee, Jul 1, 5:09am
You are so right indy, it's like staples running out of your stapler, or the windscreen wipers go on the blink right when you need them Grrr :-)