Cheese sauce. What kind of cheese?

milkath, Jun 18, 9:41pm
I hate the way my cheese sauce turns out. Does anyone know what kind of cheese is the best for making a cheese sauce? A CREAMY one. I have searched 20 pages of recipes here and no one else has asked this in at least that time. Please help. Cheers

hogwort, Jun 18, 9:51pm
Hi milk, i use an edam for my cheese sauce, it melts very well and is lovely and creamy.Are you making sure you take the pot off the heat when you add the cheese until its melted?Also depending on the flavour you want you can mix a bit of tasty with the edam for a cheesier taste. Hope this helps :-)

milkath, Jun 18, 9:54pm
thank you hogwort.

milkath, Jun 18, 9:56pm
I saw the other night on tv someone was advertising some kind of cheese I think it started with a G. that was suppose to melt creamy. just wondering if anyone knows which kind.

gilligee, Jun 18, 10:01pm
Gauda.

kiwibubbles, Jun 18, 11:17pm
i use tasty cheese, as i find i need much less cheese to get a cheesy taste, then i do with other more mild tasting cheese.

valerie66, Jun 18, 11:17pm
gruyere

milkath, Jun 19, 9:41pm
I hate the way my cheese sauce turns out. Does anyone know what kind of cheese is the best for making a cheese sauce! A CREAMY one. I have searched 20 pages of recipes here and no one else has asked this in at least that time. Please help. Cheers

hogwort, Jun 19, 9:51pm
Hi milk, i use an edam for my cheese sauce, it melts very well and is lovely and creamy.Are you making sure you take the pot off the heat when you add the cheese until its melted!Also depending on the flavour you want you can mix a bit of tasty with the edam for a cheesier taste. Hope this helps :-)