Breadmaker paddle always gets stuck

Page 1 / 2
popeye333, Jun 18, 11:45pm
Any tips on how to make it non stick again so it comes out.

Just took a loaf out and once again it is stuck.. and to top it off I must have put a bit too much yeast in this morning. Its hit the top and made one heck of a mess.

grandma, Jun 18, 11:48pm
Mine always comes out and stays inside the loaf so I would be interested in any other remedies for this too please.

popeye333, Jun 18, 11:53pm
Ive tried oiling the tin and paddle but it still doesnt work.

If it wasnt for the fact that it still works. Id replace it..

I have to shake the heck out of it to get the bread out. And that doesnt do my post opp ribs much good.

popeye333, Jun 18, 11:59pm
grandma,, this is what I was told in the same thread I started in general..

Add a little less water to your dough. I've found that if I use hotter water but a little less, like a not quite a whole cup if that is what's called for, then it's all good.

mr2stiff

Ill give it a shot next time

popeye333, Jun 19, 12:09am
b*gger b*gger.. just noticed that the glass panel in the lid had slid down into the the innards of the lid..

Might have to get me a new one now.. Will have Mr P look at it.. Its 9 yrs old and never missed a beat

pickles7, Jun 19, 1:53am
My paddle is permanently stuck in my pan. I am lucky. I never wash the pan to free it. Prior to this happening I would try and take it out before the last rise. That is perfect. But you do have to time your bread maker to get it right.

mr2stiff

popeye333 (1018 )11:59 am, Sun 19 Jun #4
mmmm who's He. lol

eastie3, Jun 19, 2:08am
When I bought my breadmaker I had lots of questions and this was one of them.A very helpful poster told me to simply plunge your hand into the dough at the end of the kneading cycle(about 55mins)and simply pluck the paddle out.No more holes in the bottom of the loaf.

pickles7, Jun 19, 2:17am
You do need to get it before the final rise starts, I liked taking it out as soon as it stopped its final punch down.I have a Panasonic, and like the 4 hour bake for the white and 5 hour for seeded bread.
What bread brand of maker do you have?....eastie3

peejeles, Jun 19, 2:28am
as soon as i get the bread out i half fill it with water on the bench overnight. next morning the blade almost falls out when you tip the water out.

17007, Jun 19, 3:09am
When I take my bread out of the baker I wiggle the paddle from the bottom then tip the bread out.

popeye333, Jun 19, 3:20am
Ive tried all but the taking the beater out and it still gets stuck in the loaf.

Problem solved for a while at least I hope.. I have now got a Goldair breadmaker sitting here in abox. When I discovered the glass window had moved. MR P.. (popeye333's husband) lol... said time for a new one dear..
So who am I to argue... rang mitre10 here and they had one in stock.

Unfortunatly but also good, they had a garage sale on and I also got an $80 gas BBQ, just the small round one on specialfor $49. Now just have to get a bottle for it lol.. but Summer will be a while yet.

nattles88, Jun 19, 6:29am
I have always just hung around and then jumped in and pulled it out after its finished kneading. Not very do-able when you are out and about though :(

shiyo, Jun 19, 7:11am
now thats a good idea!!

lindylambchops1, Jun 19, 7:25am
MMMMmmm...I am also having this problem with the dough paddle stuck in the bread.It is VERY annoying!I will try less water & make it hotter.I might even try diving the head into the dough before it is due to bake.Thanks for the above suggestions.Ciao for now!

jeanza, Jun 19, 9:20am
like poster 9, i just pick it out, it is always stuck, put some warm water in and leave for an hour or so, then it comes out. i do clean the inside bit where it sits on the shaft thing, with a toothpick or skewer to get all the bits outta the hole part. do you get what i mean....

popeye333, Jun 19, 11:45pm
Any tips on how to make it non stick again so it comes out.

Just took a loaf out and once again it is stuck. and to top it off I must have put a bit too much yeast in this morning. Its hit the top and made one heck of a mess.

popeye333, Jun 19, 11:53pm
Ive tried oiling the tin and paddle but it still doesnt work.

If it wasnt for the fact that it still works. Id replace it.

I have to shake the heck out of it to get the bread out. And that doesnt do my post opp ribs much good.

popeye333, Jun 19, 11:59pm
grandma,, this is what I was told in the same thread I started in general.

Add a little less water to your dough. I've found that if I use hotter water but a little less, like a not quite a whole cup if that is what's called for, then it's all good.

mr2stiff

popeye333, Jun 20, 12:09am
b*gger b*gger. just noticed that the glass panel in the lid had slid down into the the innards of the lid.

Might have to get me a new one now. Will have Mr P look at it. Its 9 yrs old and never missed a beat

pickles7, Jun 20, 1:53am
My paddle is permanently stuck in my pan. I am lucky. I never wash the pan to free it. Prior to this happening I would try and take it out before the last rise. That is perfect. But you do have to time your bread maker to get it right.

mr2stiff

popeye333 (1018 )11:59 am, Sun 19 Jun #4
mmmm who's He. lol

pickles7, Jun 20, 2:17am
You do need to get it before the final rise starts, I liked taking it out as soon as it stopped its final punch down.I have a Panasonic, and like the 4 hour bake for the white and 5 hour for seeded bread.
What bread brand of maker do you have!.eastie3

popeye333, Jun 20, 3:20am
Ive tried all but the taking the beater out and it still gets stuck in the loaf.

Problem solved for a while at least I hope. I have now got a Goldair breadmaker sitting here in abox. When I discovered the glass window had moved. MR P. (popeye333's husband) lol. said time for a new one dear.
So who am I to argue. rang mitre10 here and they had one in stock.

Unfortunatly but also good, they had a garage sale on and I also got an $80 gas BBQ, just the small round one on specialfor $49. Now just have to get a bottle for it lol. but Summer will be a while yet.

shiyo, Jun 20, 7:11am
now thats a good idea!

lindylambchops1, Jun 20, 7:25am
MMMMmmm.I am also having this problem with the dough paddle stuck in the bread.It is VERY annoying!I will try less water & make it hotter.I might even try diving the head into the dough before it is due to bake.Thanks for the above suggestions.Ciao for now!

jeanza, Jun 20, 9:20am
like poster 9, i just pick it out, it is always stuck, put some warm water in and leave for an hour or so, then it comes out. i do clean the inside bit where it sits on the shaft thing, with a toothpick or skewer to get all the bits outta the hole part. do you get what i mean.