Problem with new microwave

tuscany9, Jun 19, 4:47am
My old microwave was 650 watts but new one is 1100 watts.Have had problems with cooking rice and porridge in particular.The water boils up and over and the rice or rolled oats dont cook properly.Discovered all my microwave recipe books are for using 650watt oven.Do I have to cook on 50% power or is my timing wrong now.Any help appreciated.

ziggy16, Jun 19, 5:07am
well here's how I do my rice as I used to have the boil over problem too I use a big 2L glass jug add 1500ml hot water 2 cups of rice and cook for 10 mins then I take it out of the microwave and tip all the excess water out (just enough to take of whats floating on top) then put back into the microwave for another 10 mins

ziggy16, Jun 19, 5:08am
Oh and I use High power

willow123, Jun 19, 11:35am
$20 for a rice cooker at Briscoes this week - might be the answer to your problem

ziggy16, Jun 20, 5:07am
well here's how I do my rice as I used to have the boil over problem too I use a big 2L glass jug add 1500ml hot water 2 cups of rice and cook for 10 mins then I take it out of the microwave and tip all the excess water out (just enough to take of whats floating on top) then put back into the microwave for another 10 mins