How do you cook semolina?

dragonlady65, Jun 19, 5:59am
can anyone please tell me how to cook semolina, I have a packet in my cupboard but no recipe :(

gjnalm, Jun 19, 6:43am
For basic semolina pudding for four people you need:
• 1 liter milk
• 85 grams semolina
• 125 grams sugar
• half a stick of cinnamon
• a pinch of salt
Put the milk into a pan, add the salt and cinnamon and bring it to a boil. Mix the sugar with the semolina. When the milk is boiling, turn down the fire and add the sugar/semolina mix, stirring constantly. Cook the pudding for five minutes, stir every once in a while to keep it from burning.
Pour the pudding into four individual bowls or into one large bowl. If you plan on serving the pudding on a plate later, rinse your bowl with cold water before you pour in the pudding. To prevent a skin from forming, sprinkle some sugar over the pudding or put a piece of clingfilm directly onto the surface. Or if you don't mind a little bit of skin on your pudding, leave it be. Put your pudding into the refrigerator for an hour or two, until it's cold all the way through. Serve.

I have made this several times and it is good, if you like semolina, I do.
I normally half the quantities and have found the finished product to be quite sweet so I have even reduced the sugar quantity aswell.

My kids love it :) & so do I

dragonlady65, Jun 20, 2:11am
thank you gjnalm i will give it ago tonight

gjnalm, Jun 20, 6:43am
For basic semolina pudding for four people you need:
• 1 liter milk
• 85 grams semolina
• 125 grams sugar
• half a stick of cinnamon
• a pinch of salt
Put the milk into a pan, add the salt and cinnamon and bring it to a boil. Mix the sugar with the semolina. When the milk is boiling, turn down the fire and add the sugar/semolina mix, stirring constantly. Cook the pudding for five minutes, stir every once in a while to keep it from burning.
Pour the pudding into four individual bowls or into one large bowl. If you plan on serving the pudding on a plate later, rinse your bowl with cold water before you pour in the pudding. To prevent a skin from forming, sprinkle some sugar over the pudding or put a piece of clingfilm directly onto the surface. Or if you don't mind a little bit of skin on your pudding, leave it be. Put your pudding into the refrigerator for an hour or two, until it's cold all the way through. Serve.

I have made this several times and it is good, if you like semolina, I do.
I normally half the quantities and have found the finished product to be quite sweet so I have even reduced the sugar quantity aswell.

My kids love it :) & so do I