Coconut cake (what icing?)

talent.scout, Jun 20, 12:43am
Hi there

I usually just dust with icing sugar, but I feel like some icing this time.

What flavour goes well with coconut cake?Was thinking of cream cheese icing, with some crushed pineapple through it?

wahinetoa62, Jun 20, 1:57am
or go really yummy and try an italian meringue frosting with toasted coconut on top....

cookessentials, Jun 20, 1:59am
The coconut cake on the "cakes" thread has a pink coconut icing which is yummy.

fee1965, Jun 20, 2:17am
a lime icing is awesome with coconut cake

talent.scout, Jun 20, 2:30am
That would look great!but then Id want to have some fresh whipped cream with it too!Might try that one day though.Want something sweeter

talent.scout, Jun 20, 2:30am
yes!Sweet but tangy.

cookessentials, Jun 20, 3:30am
Coconut Ice Frosting 2 cups icing sugar;1 1/3 cups coconut;2 egg whites,lightly beaten;pink food colouring. Combine sifted icing sugar in a bowl with coconut and egg whites;mix well. If desired,tint pink with a little colouring.
I have copy and pasted this from the cakes thread that I have also bumped up. The coconut cake recipe with this frosting is on the first page.

lx4000, Jun 20, 3:35am
lemon icing!!mmMmm

supercook, Jun 20, 5:27am
Lime icing - 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar and rind and juice of 4 limes. It is real yummy.

rosathemad, Jun 20, 8:43am
Or a wee bit of rum in your cream cheese icing - would be stunning with coconut cake. :-)

talent.scout, Jun 20, 11:08am
ok, so I made a cream cheese icing, with a splash of malibu in it.OMG....it was good...

wahinetoa62, Jun 21, 1:57am
or go really yummy and try an italian meringue frosting with toasted coconut on top.

lx4000, Jun 21, 3:35am
lemon icing!mmMmm