Help i need a recipe for chop casserole !

emobelle, Jun 21, 12:16am
i have sime chops out and am cooking tea for the parents and grandfather ! my mother is very picky so it cant have mushrooms tomatoes pineapple beetroot .. please save me !

245sam, Jun 21, 12:42am
emobelle, are your chops....lamb, hogget, mutton or pork?:-))

grandma, Jun 21, 1:13am
I just pop mine in a covered casserole, sometimes just on their own, or sometimes with chopped garlic and little whole onions, for an hour.They are always tender and yummy.You can roast vegies in a pan alongside them and make gravy for a well rounded meal.

rarogal, Jun 21, 2:21am
I do mine the old fashioned way.Flour your chops and brown them in a little oil, put in a casserole dish, then chop and brown an onion in the fat/juices. Chop whatever veges you want and add to casserole. Put some water into the pan and scrape off all the browny bits and add to casserole. Cook on moderate heat for 2 to 2.5 hrs or until tender.

beaker59, Jun 21, 2:47am
Grandma and Rarogal both seem to be on to it particularly if cooking for guests as most of the work is done well before guests arrive. You have excluded tomatoes and mushrooms which I would add though things you might consider are apples onions garlic leeks carrots pumkin potato kumara wine or cider fresh herbs like rosemary sage thyme (or dried if thats what you have). Don't forget the salt and pepper too :)

fee1965, Jun 21, 3:57am
sear on both sides, fry an onion until soft and add to chops in casserole dish.Degalze the pan with red wine (about 1 glass) add a spring of fresh thyme or rosemary and a beef oxo or 2.Cook low for about 3 hours.

emobelle, Jun 22, 12:16am
i have sime chops out and am cooking tea for the parents and grandfather ! my mother is very picky so it cant have mushrooms tomatoes pineapple beetroot . please save me !

245sam, Jun 22, 12:42am
emobelle, are your chops.lamb, hogget, mutton or pork!:-))

beaker59, Jun 22, 2:47am
Grandma and Rarogal both seem to be on to it particularly if cooking for guests as most of the work is done well before guests arrive. You have excluded tomatoes and mushrooms which I would add though things you might consider are apples onions garlic leeks carrots pumkin potato kumara wine or cider fresh herbs like rosemary sage thyme (or dried if thats what you have). Don't forget the salt and pepper too :)