8 cup petite loaf pan

Page 2 / 2
deus701, Jul 1, 11:19am
I usually bake it about 5-10 degree less. Sometimes instead of looking at the top of the cake waiting for it to brown, is better to check the sides of the cake.as some mixture will make it brown faster.
also the tin can make a difference (dark colour one absorbs heat better hence cook/colour faster)

calista, Jul 2, 3:48am
Thanks deus,looking at the sides does make sense as when I bake muffins it is the bottoms and sides that will 'catch' if my attention drifts.

I'm also going to make some of the recipes that I posted on the 'Vegetarian loaf' thread as that way I don't have to eat a loaf for days, but can freeze the others for amother day.

nauru, Jul 2, 5:12am
Just use it like a muffin tin and bake for the same time, I do this and it works fine.

calista, Jul 3, 3:48am
Thanks deus,looking at the sides does make sense as when I bake muffins it is the bottoms and sides that will 'catch' if my attention drifts.

I'm also going to make some of the recipes that I posted on the 'Vegetarian loaf' thread as that way I don't have to eat a loaf for days, but can freeze the others for amother day.

nauru, Jul 3, 5:12am
Mine works out about the same size as a Texas muffin tin so it usually yields half of any muffin recipe.Just bake for the same time you would texas size, I do this and it works fine.

bev00, Jul 1, 10:29am
lovely loaves