Cows milk from the farm.

fifie, Jun 21, 12:48am
Just made my first batch of soft cheese with farm milk and the yummiest creamy rice pudding. Cheese is great in a sammie with grated carrot and chopped ginger, or sweet chilli and ginger sauce with the cheese. What a difference to the blue top milk so creamy and yum!. Way to go if you can get the milk and like making cheeses, i'm impressed and pleased with my achievement lol..

bedazzledjewels, Jun 21, 12:55am
Sounds wonderful Fifie.

cookessentials, Jun 21, 1:11am
Well done. It is very satisfying being able to do this. I get Jersey milk/cream from a friend who has an organic property and two Jersey house cows. The butter and other items taste so lovely.

jubre, Jun 21, 1:12am
Hi Fifie.
You are onto it.This is the diet you should be on. Hi natural fats keep us slim and stop us feeling hungry. Carbs and sugar are what makes us hungry.
Have you been to one of Sherry Eltons seminars. She makes her own cheese and butter and she milks her own cows. I have been to 2 of her seminars, and she has convinced me. She is from Invercargill.

fifie, Jun 21, 1:54am
Thanks Peeps, Jubre i'm slim as it is lol, love my cheese's and food but the weight dosen't go on. Concerned a little this milk with the fat content won't be good for my heart condition or cholestrel, as i'm only using it for cheese am hoping it won't send the levels soring up again. Will check out Sherry Eltons cheesemaking it sounds good, thanks for that, as i love these soft cheeses with herbs etc in them.

jubre, Jun 21, 2:04am
Well fifie, Sherry Elton will tell you that the cholesterol thing is all a big myth. Our liver makes the amount of cholesterol that we need for our body to function.Our body will get rid of the cholesterol we dont need. The pharmac companies have brain washed all the doctors so they can sell their cholesterol lowering drugs.
If you go into the health and beauty threads, and on the left hand side keyword box, put in cholesterol, then in the box below it put in last year, then click the search button. You will see that there are heaps of chat about this cholesterol subject.

flint81, Jun 21, 2:09am
oh good grief muriel lol

jubre, Jun 21, 2:27am
http://www.sherryelton.co.nz/assets/1469/TheCroft_news_2011_02.pdf

Fifie, have a read of this that Sherry Elton has done in here latest newsletter.

fifie, Jun 21, 3:14am
See where you are coming from with the cholestrel thing, your prolly right its all a myth for the sale of satin meds, with some. In my case a ventricle inthe heart was malfunctioning and i went into heart failure fast, and ended up with very high cholesterel inherited from that,twice carted into the coranary unit, and ordered off all fat in the diet, so am quite careful these days what i eat.Its probably just me being a bit paranoid now lol, as it wasn't a pleasant experience, will go have a read of her newsletter and see what she has to say about it.

griffo4, Jun 21, 3:46am
Fifie a cardiologist told me last year to drink farm milk instead of the brought stuff as it is better for you and l was also told the same by a dietician
The cardiologist guy was so interesting to talk to, he had so much knowledge about all sorts of things and we talked for ages about selenium in sheep and how it strengthens their hearts and hens and magnesium
The fresh unpasteurized milk has so many good things in it and nothing better than taking some straight from the vat in a cup and drinking it, all coldfrothy and so yummy, so many farmers do it and no they don't dip their cup in the vat they get it from the tap on the milk silo

jubre, Jun 21, 4:46am
I was brought up on that farm fresh warm milk straight from the cow, with the froth on the top of it. We had a cup each over in the milking shed. My dad used to seperate it and the skin milk went to feed and fatten the calves and pigs. Dad sold the cream, but we always had puddings every night with lots of cream on them.
When I was at one of Sherry Eltons seminars there was a new mum there. She had 3 children. She told us that she had been on this whole food diet for ages and was slim and fit. When she was pregnant with the last baby, the midwife told her that she couldnt put the unborn baby at risk by drinking the whole milk from the dairy farmer she was buying it off, and that she should drink the bought pasturized milk.She told the midwife that she was not going to do that.

fifie, Jun 21, 7:41am
Thanks for telling me that, i haven't used this nice fresh milk since i was bought up on the farm we used to drink it by the cupful even in those days, now i have access to it again and am keen to use it. Was just wondering if the fat content would push the cholestrel levels back up, my cardio's nurse told me to steer clear of all fats in the diet, I will carry on and experiment with my new hobbie of making cheese and enjoy it. This arvo i made curry and pumpkin scones with the whey and they were lovely.

griffo4, Jun 21, 9:44pm
Some people no matter what they do will always have high cholesterol and l am of the opinion that if you eat as much natural food without going overboard you will be fine
The drug industry wants you to take as many pills as possible it is better for their bottom line and they don't care about side effects
l read somewhere recently about cholesterol not being such a bad thing after all but drug companies don't want you to know that

l know someone who did everything right food wise from the 70's before fat free etc was the norm and they kept their cholesterol level so low and the correct weight and exercised and they had to have a bypass!!!!
Their partner who did everything as they liked has had nothing wrong and not been near a Dr in ages

Worry less, laugh more and life will be a pleasure

fifie, Jun 22, 12:48am
Just made my first batch of soft cheese with farm milk and the yummiest creamy rice pudding. Cheese is great in a sammie with grated carrot and chopped ginger, or sweet chilli and ginger sauce with the cheese. What a difference to the blue top milk so creamy and yum!. Way to go if you can get the milk and like making cheeses, i'm impressed and pleased with my achievement lol.

fifie, Jun 22, 1:54am
Thanks Peeps, Jubre i'm slim as it is lol, love my cheese's and food but the weight dosen't go on. Concerned a little this milk with the fat content won't be good for my heart condition or cholestrel, as i'm only using it for cheese am hoping it won't send the levels soring up again. Will check out Sherry Eltons cheesemaking it sounds good, thanks for that, as i love these soft cheeses with herbs etc in them.

sunder1, Jun 22, 2:17am
Well done, haven't branched into cheese making but last season made butter all the time until cows were milked properly.Makes you feel like you have really accomplished something!

fifie, Jun 22, 3:14am
See where you are coming from with the cholestrel thing, your prolly right its all a myth for the sale of satin meds, with some. In my case a ventricle inthe heart was malfunctioning and i went into heart failure fast, and ended up with very high cholesterel inherited from that,twice carted into the coranary unit, and ordered off all fat in the diet, so am quite careful these days what i eat.Its probably just me being a bit paranoid now lol, as it wasn't a pleasant experience, will go have a read of her newsletter and see what she has to say about it.

griffo4, Jun 22, 3:46am
Fifie a cardiologist told me last year to drink farm milk instead of the brought stuff as it is better for you and l was also told the same by a dietician
The cardiologist guy was so interesting to talk to, he had so much knowledge about all sorts of things and we talked for ages about selenium in sheep and how it strengthens their hearts and hens and magnesium
The fresh unpasteurized milk has so many good things in it and nothing better than taking some straight from the vat in a cup and drinking it, all coldfrothy and so yummy, so many farmers do it and no they don't dip their cup in the vat they get it from the tap on the milk silo

rover110, Jun 22, 3:58am
we dairy farm and I refuse to buy milk, a day before we dried off I filled up drink containers and froze it. I have also made my own cheese and its great and yes it makes a delish rice pud and custards, creme brulees etc you can't beat it.

fifie, Jun 22, 7:41am
Thanks for telling me that, i haven't used this nice fresh milk since i was bought up on the farm we used to drink it by the cupful even in those days, now i have access to it again and am keen to use it. Was just wondering if the fat content would push the cholestrel levels back up, my cardio's nurse told me to steer clear of all fats in the diet, I will carry on and experiment with my new hobbie of making cheese and enjoy it. This arvo i made curry and pumpkin scones with the whey and they were lovely.

griffo4, Jun 22, 9:44pm
Some people no matter what they do will always have high cholesterol and l am of the opinion that if you eat as much natural food without going overboard you will be fine
The drug industry wants you to take as many pills as possible it is better for their bottom line and they don't care about side effects
l read somewhere recently about cholesterol not being such a bad thing after all but drug companies don't want you to know that

l know someone who did everything right food wise from the 70's before fat free etc was the norm and they kept their cholesterol level so low and the correct weight and exercised and they had to have a bypass!
Their partner who did everything as they liked has had nothing wrong and not been near a Dr in ages

Worry less, laugh more and life will be a pleasure

sunder1, Jun 23, 2:17am
Well done, haven't branched into cheese making but last season made butter all the time until cows were milked properly.Makes you feel like you have really accomplished something!

rover110, Jun 23, 3:58am
we dairy farm and I refuse to buy milk, a day before we dried off I filled up drink containers and froze it. I have also made my own cheese and its great and yes it makes a delish rice pud and custards, creme brulees etc you can't beat it.