Pumpkin soup recipes

dolitle, Jun 22, 4:55am
does anyone have a nice pumpkin soup recipe they would like to share with me?? thanks! :)

cookessentials, Jun 22, 5:10am
I cut pumpkin into large pieces,pop into a glass dish,add about 1/4 cup water, cover with gladwrap and microwave till soft. Saute a large onion in a good amount of butter-1-2 tbsp.( you can also add a little garlic if you wish) Peel the skin off the cooked pumpkin and add to the stock pot with the sauteed onion. Add a 1 litre container of campbells vegetable stock and heat through.
I puree the cooked soup till smooth then pour it back into the stock pot ( it is usually pretty thick) I gradually add a little milk to get it to the consistency I want and heat very gently. Add enough freshly grated nutmeg to your taste and a little pepper if you wish. ( you probably wont need salt, but taste it and add a little if required) I serve it with a little dollop of sour cream on the top and some snipped chives if you like and eat with crusty bread.

norse_westie, Jun 22, 5:14am
I just made a huge pot full for dinner.
Peel chop and cook pumpkin. Strain and reserve some of the water.
Make a white sauce roux style, but when melting the butter throw in a couple of finely chopped onions and plenty of garlic. Cook till onion is transparent, then add flour and make roux sauce as usual, but with half milk, half pumpkin water. Add seasoning: salt, pepper, plenty of cardamom and some nutmeg.

Mix mashed pumpkin into roux sauce. Throw in a good handful of fresh coriander if you have it. Cook for another 5 minutes, then allow to cool. Puree in a blender so its lovely and smooth.

When I serve it, I add a dash of sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

harrislucinda, Jun 22, 5:26am
dontkneedarecipejustaddpumpkinkumeraspicesandonioninchickenstocksorryjustmakerecipesup asigo

purplegoanna, Jun 22, 9:14pm
highly recommended..my pumpkin soup recipe..... Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Soup
I use a whole lge white skinned ‘Crown or Grey pumpkins’, cut into wedges, peel skin, deseeded then half again, roast in olive oil with 1-2 lge garlic bulbs, broken into cloves and peeled. Separately dice & fry 5-6 rashers of bacon in a large saucepan. After bacon is browned add pumpkin pieces & garlic. Use a stick blender to blend into a smooth mix, adding enough chicken stock while blending until you get a nice thick soup consistency, then add, salt, pepper & 1tsp curry powder to taste. Reheat on low heat slowly and serve with grilled cheese toast. To impress guests add a dollop of sour cream just before serving, use a toothpick and draw lines from sour cream out into soup, then serve. Or add 1/2c of coconut cream for extra richness

pog_mo_thoin, Jun 23, 4:39am
sweat down some chopped carrot , onion and if you wish celery in a large pot with olive oil and butter . once vegies all looking nice and sweated add a tablespoon of hot curry powder and cook down for a minute or two . then add the de-seeded choppedand skinnedpumpkin and cover with chicken stock . lightly boil until the pumpkin is soft . let cool and blend . heat back up addingsome all spice and nut meg , salt and pepper and finish off with a tin of light coconut cream or souror normal cream . . garnish with coriander and serve with warm ciabata toast . deeeelish !!