Tomato Sauce.....

jag5, Jun 24, 9:41pm
I make my own yummy tomato sauce from a generations old proven recipe.But....the last two batches I have made (consistency fine when bottled) have gone runny after a few weeks.

Why is this happening?Is it to do with the tomatoes?Is it because they are frozen?I boil out the liquid and as said, the consistency is fine when I make it and bottle it...it is after a few weeks.....

iman007, Jun 24, 10:46pm
i use frozen as well, no problems in my 3 batches, i think hasnt been boiled long enough. Just from experiences. good luck

jag5, Jun 24, 10:47pm
I boil for hours....just to get rid of the excess moisture.As said, consistency is fine initially....goes runny further down the track.Still tastes fine.....

iman007, Jun 24, 10:51pm
hmmmmm,scratches head......ya got me there, i use edmonds recipe but double up on spices, mines always dam good, people line up for it, i made 80 litres last year and it all went.

jag5, Jun 24, 10:54pm
Likewise.....my family love mine too....never had a problem before....just the last 2 batches....hmmmmm

I will reboil the bottle that is open, and see what happens

iman007, Jun 24, 10:57pm
yup, thats what id do too.good luck, i use a stick blender at the end before bottling, you as well????

jag5, Jun 25, 1:24am
I put it through a Mouli....takes the seeds out as some of my family can't have the seeds.....
Jut one of those things I guess.....a conundrum as they say

kabbo, Jun 25, 4:33am
on the other side, i "once" made tomato sauce, but I cooked it too long, and it came out sooo thick like relish LOL. was still nice though.