Recipe for Nainoma Bar please anyone?

freds69, Jun 27, 1:42am
Would dearly love this recipe please if anyone has it. Unfortunately I have lost mine. TIA

pam.delilah, Jun 27, 1:54am
here are two take your pick
NAINAIMO BARS
Crust:
75g butter
50g sugar
1 egg
4 Tbsp cocoa
200g Superwine biscuits (crushed into crumbs)
100g desiccated coconut
50g walnuts, chopped
Creamy centre:
50g butter
3 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp vanilla instant pudding or custard powder
175g icing sugar (sifted)
Topping:
150g chocolate squares (semi or bitter sweet)
3 tsp butter
In a double boiler, mix the butter, sugar, egg and cocoa. Over boiling water, stir until mixture is a custard consistency. Combine crumbs, coconut and walnuts with butter mix ture, blending well. Press down the crust tightly into a 23cm x 23cm baking pan.
For the creamy centre, cream the butter, milk, pudding powder and icing sugar. Spread over the crust in the pan.
For the topping, melt the chocolate over hot water, add the butter and blend well. Spread over the icing layer. Chill until the chocolate layer has set. With a sharp knife, slice into 16 equal servings.
Nanaimo Bars Recipe
Bottom Layer:
1/2 cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
1/3 cup (30 grams) unsweetened cocoa (I use Dutch-processed)
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (200 grams) graham cracker crumbs
1 cup (65 grams) coconut (either sweetened or unsweetened)
1/2 cup (50 grams) walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
FILLING:
1/4 cup (56 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 - 3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder (Bird's) or vanilla pudding powder
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (230 grams) powdered sugar (confectioners or icing)sugar
TOPPING:
4 ounces (115 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter
Butter (or use a cooking spray) a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) pan.
BOTTOM LAYER:In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder and then gradually whisk in the beaten egg.Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens (1 - 2 minutes).Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and chopped nuts.Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.Cover and refrigerate until firm (about an hour).
FILLING:In your electric mixer cream the butter.Beat in the remaining ingredients.If the mixture is too thick to spread, add a little more milk.Spread the filling over the bottom layer, cover, and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
TOP LAYER:In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.Spread over the filling and refrigerate.
TO SERVE:To prevent the chocolate from cracking, using a sharp knife, bring the squares to room temperature before cutting.
Yield: Makes about 25 squares

trademequeen, Jun 27, 6:59am
This recipe was made for me a Canadian visitor as something from her home country :)
http://www.food.com/recipe/alices-nanaimo-bars-198026
Cheers

freds69, Jun 27, 9:01am
Awesome thank you soooo much!