Perfecting my pumpkin soup - why

skata, Jun 25, 11:59pm
when I put in sour cream or cream does it curdle?How do you make your soup creamy and lump free?I wonder what I am doing wrong.

babytears, Jun 26, 12:05am
When do you put it in?... if I put in my pumpkin soup I add it just before serving

fifie, Jun 26, 12:18am
Yep sounds like your putting it in to soon, I make a nice thick roasted pumpkin soup whizz it with a stick blender till i get it smooth and the thickness i like then when its in the bowl to serve put a dollop of sour cream on it then and it dosen't curdle.

morrello1, Jun 26, 3:45am
Yep definitely putting it in too soon I'd say as well. You don't want to actually cook the sour cream, it will definitely curdle then. It might even be that you don't want it to the boil I think.

munrotti, Jun 26, 4:09am
I start my pumpkin soup by making a small amount of whie sauce (butter, flour, milk, then add the other ingredients.Always creamy consistency.

marcs, Jun 26, 11:04am
do not boil after you have added cream. Just heat till hot enough or it will split.

kinna54, Jun 27, 9:46am
We had pumpkin soup tonight, and when I went to the fridge to get the sour cream SOMEONEhad used it and put the empty container back in the fridge grr! Instead I added 3/4 cup of hot (but not boiling) milk and a dash of fresh cream, stir thru to combine, but do not leave on the heat or allow to boil, and serve immediately. It was beautiful.

roys351, Jun 27, 10:18am
best pumpkin soup,
boil 3-4 rashers of bacon with a onion in a small amount of water then mouli with liquid
boil your pumpkin in a small amount of water( can add leeks, potatoes,celery and garlic)mouli without much liquid, save the rest of the liquid
add to your pumpkin mouli add the mouli bacon and onion then as needed add the rest of the pumpkin liquid and more water if needed
seasonen with chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste, can also add a pinch or 2 of nutmeg after plated add a dollop of sour cream

buzzy110, Jun 27, 11:36am
I let the consumers put in their own sour cream. Therefore I put it into a nice bowl on the table. That is the appropriate time to add sour cream - once the soup has been served up. Not everyone wants sour cream.