500 ml soda
125 ml fat pork, diced
1 cup milk
2 onoins, chopped
5 ml salt
60 ml flour
250 ml cold water
5 ml Worcestershire sauce

Soak flippers in 1 L of water and soda. Trim off excess fat. dry flippers and dip in seasoned flour. Brown in pork fat. Add onions and make a gravy of flour, water, and sauce. Pour over flippers. Cover and bake at 160o C for 2-3 hours. Make a pastry and cover the flippers. Bake at 220oC for 30 minutes. Serves 6-8.

winnie231, Mar 18, 1:11am
Love it uli - hope stack of xxxx likes it too!

maxwell.inc, Mar 18, 1:11am
I've been looking for something like this

*gets out seal club and heads off to the beach*

winnie231, Mar 18, 1:19am
Can I add scm? ? ?

uli, Mar 18, 1:20am
I reckon scm would make it much more palatable :)

indy95, Mar 18, 1:33am
I think this is definitely worth adding to the Best Ever Collection, with a generous topping of SCM of course.

What other culinary gems do you have hidden away, uli ?

mwood, Mar 18, 4:24am
- yep it's up there with the Original European Real Icecream recipe - another fine posting - you are improving - well done

darlingmole, Mar 18, 4:35am
wow ~ this is the best recipe I've heard since the chicken and popcorn one! Well done on presenting this at such a recipe challenging time. I think the scm will some how enhance it IF you add some jalepeno pepper ... because nice as your recipe was Uli - it lacked some ooomph!

uli, Mar 18, 5:00am
Now that you ask:
There is a lovely little book on the market, called "Natural harvest" - however it is more geared towards male cooks I think:
http://www.mahalo.com/semen-recipes

amazing_grace, Mar 18, 5:17am
LOL, is that Baking Soda or Soda water?

pixiegirl, Mar 18, 5:50am
Good one Uli - I looked at the title and immediately thought of the dog Newfoundland. But so happy it is not dog - flippers sound much better and tastier and definately SCM has to be there. Off to the shoreline now for some flippers... ... ... . .

pixiegirl, Mar 18, 5:52am
It has crossed over to the other side. lol

pixiegirl, Mar 19, 1:10am
well I scoured the shoreline and couldn't find any flippers, but got a snorkel and goggles - would that do instead... ... ... ... lol

buzzy110, Mar 19, 2:36am
If you can't find natural flippers (from seals) then try artificial ones. You can buy them during the season in the sports section of the big red shed!

They will need to be processed slightly differently to the natural ones. As with all processed foods they are much easier to work with. Just take them out of the packet, cut up the packaging, put into a bowl along with diced flippers, pour over a tin of Watties tomato soup and microwave on low for about 3 seconds. They will be tender as and way more tasty than the natural product.

buzzy110, Mar 19, 2:39am
If you are having trouble finding the pork fat due to pigs now being bred without fat, you could use frozen margarine instead. This too is way more healthy than the natural product because it doesn't have any fats from any living thing and as it is embalmed it will never go off. It will also assist in the long term storage of your pie if you need to transport it without refrigeration for 3 weeks.

buzzy110, Mar 19, 2:40am
I was wondering how much better this dish would taste with a couple of tablespoons of mwood's bile. We have often been treated to many portions of it and I'm sure we are all familiar with the sour flavour.

mwood, Mar 19, 4:25am
yes here we go again - leading nastiness from fusszy, fugli, david4tea, phisher and the other light weighters who are floating away LMFAO at the lot of you and your double standards - if you actually had any in depth knowledge of your topics you wouldn't need to post your nonsense -

vintagekitty, Mar 19, 4:48am
why? , why post this crap

buzzy110, Mar 19, 8:44pm
Too much bile mwood. We only needed the first teaspoonful to help tenderise the artificial flippers. But thanks for the extra. I'm sure it will come in handy.

buzzy110, Mar 19, 8:46pm
To quote vintagekitty - "why? , why post this crap" . And in response to a lighthearted dig at Sofia Stackof thief too.

mwood, Nov 14, 5:51pm
So you contribute a little more sour cream lol