Roast Shoulder Lamb in Crockpot?

pom4, Jun 26, 3:24am
I have a shoulder lamb for tomorrow night to cook in the crockpot while im at work. I use my crockpot often but just make casseroles in it. Do i add any liquid or just bung it in as is? Also can i add spuds and pumpkin without any liquid?

fifie, Jun 26, 7:03am
I mix 2 tablespoons oil, crushed clove garlic , few rosemary leaves Salt and ground black pepper to a paste. Rub this all over your lamb roast. Brown meatboth sides in a frying pan throw in a sliced onion cook oniontill transparent transfer all to pre heated C/pot. Pour about 1/2 cup of wine into frying pan and de glaze pan tip all the bits on top of meat, you can put pumpkin around sides if you want, and slices of potato underneath the meat (i prefer my vegs roasted in the oven) Lid on and cook. Dinner time take meat out, tip juices and onions into saucepan and make your gravy..

fee1965, Jun 26, 7:15am
I do a roast pork in the SC all the time, I only ever add a couple of sage leaves and 2 apples in 1/4's and 1/2 glass white wine and 1 onion sliced.You get heaps of gravy.

pom4, Jun 27, 3:24am
I have a shoulder lamb for tomorrow night to cook in the crockpot while im at work. I use my crockpot often but just make casseroles in it. Do i add any liquid or just bung it in as is! Also can i add spuds and pumpkin without any liquid!

fifie, Jun 27, 7:03am
I mix 2 tablespoons oil, crushed clove garlic , few rosemary leaves Salt and ground black pepper to a paste. Rub this all over your lamb roast. Brown meatboth sides in a frying pan throw in a sliced onion cook oniontill transparent transfer all to pre heated C/pot. Pour about 1/2 cup of wine into frying pan and de glaze pan tip all the bits on top of meat, you can put pumpkin around sides if you want, and slices of potato underneath the meat (i prefer my vegs roasted in the oven) Lid on and cook. Dinner time take meat out, tip juices and onions into saucepan and make your gravy.

fee1965, Jun 27, 7:15am
I do a roast pork in the SC all the time, I only ever add a couple of sage leaves and 2 apples in 1/4's and 1/2 glass white wine and 1 onion sliced.You get heaps of gravy.

teejay2, Jun 29, 5:04am
I thickly slice a peeled onion, layer on bottom of slow cooker, add lamb, slather with a couple of tablespoons of apricot jam....and cook....long and slow...if you are worried about it drying out, add 1/4 of either white wine or orange juice to bottom of slow cooker....

rrrg, Jun 30, 4:12am
fee...do you brown the pork first?

teejay2, Jun 30, 5:04am
I thickly slice a peeled onion, layer on bottom of slow cooker, add lamb, slather with a couple of tablespoons of apricot jam.and cook.long and slow.if you are worried about it drying out, add 1/4 of either white wine or orange juice to bottom of slow cooker.

asue, Jun 30, 9:06pm
I throw mine in, with soya sauce and mustard rub on outside of meat.Brown off towards the end in the oven with roast veg.Don't add any liquid.

rrrg, Jul 1, 4:12am
fee.do you brown the pork first!

asue, Jul 1, 9:06pm
I throw mine in, with soya sauce and mustard rub on outside of meat.Brown off towards the end in the oven with roast veg.Don't add any liquid.