Homemade kfc chicken?

shar47, May 22, 3:33am
yum.i want coated chicken for dinner.

winnie231, May 22, 3:51am
Have a read of the following gems of information from our friend fisher .
http://www.e-ware.co.nz/kfcclone.htm

jc_cw, Jun 26, 11:00pm
Does anyone have a coating recipie for me??

danjoboys, Jun 27, 12:03am
Buy Edmonds Cook'n Coat and add sesame seeds and herbs to it - yummy :)

margyr, Jun 27, 12:08am
i make a mixture of flour, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder,chilli powder, salt and pepper, you can add mixed herbs if you like anything powder really, mix it all together dip chicken into water and then into flour. Bake this is oven in a little oil.

frogz99, Jun 27, 1:16am
If you can get your hands on Oprah Winfreys cook book, she had a great recipe in there for unfried chicken.I tried it and it was really yummy, the chicken was skinned, chilled then rolled in yoghurt and her crumb mix then baked in the oven.Sadly I have misplaced her book :-(

frogz99, Jun 27, 1:22am
I have just googled it and now I know what I'm having for lunch tommorow. I remember when I made it I put the chicken and the yoghurt into seperate containers in the freezer to chill for a few minutes rather that putting into iced water.

danjoboys, Jun 28, 12:03am
Buy Edmonds Cook'n Coat and add sesame seeds and herbs to it - yummy :)

frogz99, Jun 28, 1:22am
I have just googled it and now I know what I'm having for lunch tommorow. I remember when I made it I put the chicken and the yoghurt into seperate containers in the freezer to chill for a few minutes rather that putting into iced water.

holdenss, Jun 29, 6:05am
Just to add, That half the Secret in KFC or any Kentucky style chicken is actually in the cooking process: The Pressure fryer.

bali_nz, Jun 29, 7:54am
Coat chicken in a mix of flour, powdered chicken stock and black pepper. Then fry on a low to medium heat. The secret is in the MSG.

kinna54, Jun 30, 2:07am
Try this one: tastes like the crunchy hot and spicy; Flour chicken, then coat in plain natural yoghurt, then crumb with the following mix:*quanities depend on amount of chicken* Crushed cornflakes, with added herbs such as sage, rosemary, parsley, chicken salt flavouring or powdered stock, cayenne.
Can be deep fried or oven roasted in an oven bag

auntlb, Jun 30, 2:41am
KFC Chicken recipe
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Accent

Accent is like/ or is (not sure which) MSG

rrrg, Jun 30, 4:05am
ROSIE'S UNFRIED CHICKEN (FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S SHOW)

Light vegetable cooking oil spray
12 pieces chicken, skin removed (3 breasts cut in half and 6 drumsticks)
1 c. plain non-fat yogurt
3 1/2 c. ice water

BREADING INGREDIENTS:
1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. Old Bay seasoning
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 t. dried thyme
1/8 t. freshly ground pepper
11/2 t. garlic powder
11/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. Creole seasoning
1/2 t. dried oregano

Preheat oven to 400°. Coat baking sheet with 3 sprays of vegetable oil. Combine chicken and ice water in a large bowl; set aside. Place yogurt in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine breading ingredients in a large, tightly sealing plastic bag and shake well to mix. Remove 2 pieces of chicken from the water. Roll each piece in the yogurt. Put chicken into plastic bag; reseal and shake thoroughly. Transfer the breaded chicken to the baking sheet and repeat this process until all pieces are breaded and on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with vegetable oil, place sheet in the bottom of the oven and bake 1 hour, turning pieces every 20 minutes to brown the baked chicken evenly.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BAKED CHICKEN:
Drumsticks: 4.2 grams of fat per piece; 195 calories per piece. Breasts: 2.2 grams of fat per piece; 185 calories per piece.

rrrg, Jul 1, 4:05am
ROSIE'S UNFRIED CHICKEN (FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S SHOW)

Light vegetable cooking oil spray
12 pieces chicken, skin removed (3 breasts cut in half and 6 drumsticks)
1 c. plain non-fat yogurt
3 1/2 c. ice water

BREADING INGREDIENTS:
1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. Old Bay seasoning
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 t. dried thyme
1/8 t. freshly ground pepper
11/2 t. garlic powder
11/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. Creole seasoning
1/2 t. dried oregano

Preheat oven to 400°. Coat baking sheet with 3 sprays of vegetable oil. Combine chicken and ice water in a large bowl; set aside. Place yogurt in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine breading ingredients in a large, tightly sealing plastic bag and shake well to mix. Remove 2 pieces of chicken from the water. Roll each piece in the yogurt. Put chicken into plastic bag; reseal and shake thoroughly. Transfer the breaded chicken to the baking sheet and repeat this process until all pieces are breaded and on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with vegetable oil, place sheet in the bottom of the oven and bake 1 hour, turning pieces every 20 minutes to brown the baked chicken evenly.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BAKED CHICKEN:
Drumsticks: 4.2 grams of fat per piece; 195 calories per piece. Breasts: 2.2 grams of fat per piece; 185 calories per piece.

janny3, Nov 7, 3:56am
Same!