Tinned cream style corn question

carlos57, Jun 29, 2:04am
Hi. Against my better judgment, I bought Budget cream style corn for the first time. Son hasn't complained, but I see that it only contains 35% corn. If you have a tin of Oak or Wattie's cream style corn, could you please let me know the corn content? Thanks :)

stells3, Jun 29, 2:08am
Wow, that's not much is it.

carlos57, Jun 29, 2:11am
No, it could explain why it only cost 99c!

245sam, Jun 29, 2:13am
carlos57, I have a can of Oak Cream-Style Corn with a Sweetcorn content of 71% !!
Other listed ingredients are (in this order) Water, Sugar, Maize thickener (1414), Salt.:-))

drew_nay, Jun 29, 2:14am
Pams is 72%and i got my tin of cream corn for $1.09....fell pretty stoked about it now =0)
lol

carlos57, Jun 29, 2:15am
Wow! No more Budget for me...pays to read the labels, huh? Thanks :)

cgvl, Jun 29, 2:16am
Watties is 80% corn. I usually buy Oak because its cheaper but got a couple of cans Watties on special and it has a lot of coen compared to some of the other brands.

ks1968, Jun 29, 2:16am
Ok have Watties here Supersweet Corn 80% Water, Maize Thickner and Salt

elliehen, Jun 29, 5:00am
Cream-style corn is a good quick thickener for a winter soup :)

iman007, Jun 29, 6:06am
i only buy watties, big bits corn as opposed to cheap thinno taste corn bits.Pay the extra, tastes better

maximus44, Jun 29, 6:11am
Just wondering what the other ingredients were in the Budget can. It's amazing the difference in different brands isn't it.

jessie981, Jun 29, 6:26am
Watties Pick of the Crop has Supersweet corn 62% minimum

eastie3, Jun 29, 6:29am
I used it once for corn fritters - don't ever do this! Spend a tiny bit extra and get a vastly better product.

motorbo, Jun 29, 6:37am
ive always bought oak...cos i like it and its cheaper, i used to always buy watties baked beans but now gluten and me dont get along i buy homebrand, its tasty and ok for me to eat

katienz11, Jun 29, 6:38am
Ive just had a lot at a can of Homebrand creamed sweetcorn and it is only 48% corn! Still makes nice cornfritters tho!

carlos57, Jun 29, 7:34am
Here's the list of ingredients - corn (35%), water, modified corn starch, sugar, salt. Don't worry - won't be buying again! I usually buy Oak (about the only Oak product I buy), but I'll be making some careful comparisons next time I shop. Thanks for all the input :)

iman007, Jun 29, 8:16am
oak......................is crapola