cheap meal ideas please

chevygirl1, Mar 17, 9:43pm
i am off to the supermarket this avo and really need some super cheap dinner ideas for 5 people as we are on a very tight budget this week and i need to get inspired

alebix, Mar 17, 9:46pm
Mince, crockpot meatlike neck chops, chuck steak, gravy beef.
CHicken portions. .

lavender32, Mar 17, 10:51pm
make your own pizzas. Pot of soup & scones or bread. macaroni cheese. Toasted sandwiches. Tuna bake.

janeny1, Mar 18, 12:01am
Buy 2 x 410g tins of salmon, cook up a lot of mashed potato (add butter but no milk)layer half of the potato into a lasagne dish, Drain tinned fish, mix in some mayonnaise (I use ranch dressing) to bind and spread on top of potato, place another layer of potato on top, dot with butter and place under grill in oven until top is golden brown and crispy,

bartandnae, Mar 18, 1:31am
a easy cheap meal i do for my family is large sausage rolls, i buy a block of pastry($2) and some sausage meat ($2. 50). I roll out the pastry and fill with my sausage mixture (sausage meat, egg, onions, herbs, grated veges and anything else you might like) roll the pastry up then bake. We usually have leftovers for lunch the following day as well.

margyr, Mar 18, 1:41am
woolworths, countdown weekend windback has corned beef for 4. 49 kg, and 800 grms of bacon for $6 something. a vege casserole is cheap and easy, i slice potatoe, kumera, carrot, onion whatever vege you have, grease a dish and then layer the vege, with a few slices of cheese each layer, also some knobs of butter or marg, then pour in milk about 3/4's of the way up the veges, put some more cheese on the top and bake 150 till cooked, you will be surprised how far this will go.

pamellie, Mar 18, 1:49am
Have a good look at what you already have in the fridge, freezer and pantry and make a meal plan for the week. You maybe surprised at what you can use and don't 'need' to buy. Be creative and think outside the square.

shelley39, Mar 18, 3:55am
put mince, a tin of spagetti 1 tsp curry powder and salt and pepper. boil up. Its really nice with rice.

cgvl, Nov 11, 6:01pm
500g of mince will go a long way if you use heaps of veges.
I make spag bol, mince, pasta sauce and spag noodles with sour cream and grated cheese on top.
Same recipe for nacho's
mince, onion, grated vegies breadcrumbs and an egg. mix together and make either hamburger patties or meatballs or rissoles. Can then be homemade hamburgers with lettuce, tomatoes, onion etc or spag and meatballs or what I did tonight was make small rissoles and in a seperate pot sauted a chopped onion then added tomatoes (can use tinned), ½tsp sugar, salt and pepper to taste and when mushed down added a dash of vinegar and some dried herbs (pinch or two). Poure over the meatballs and into oven while rest of vegies cooked.