What biscuit recipe can I use to make..

cookiebarrel, Jun 15, 7:06am
biscuits for using in slices that say use crushed round wine biscuits.I want to use homemade biscuits in these as I am really over all the extra additives that go into the bought biscuits.Has anyone tried this?Or any suggestions as to a good recipe to use.

svce, Jun 15, 7:12am
I use arrowroot ibscuit , but if you have a good recipe it shouldn't be a problem . what about a jelly slice ? I got the recipe from here and my kids love it. :
http://www.jamieoliver.com/foodwise/article-view.php?id=2801

cookiebarrel, Jun 16, 7:06am
biscuits for using in slices that say use crushed round wine biscuits.I want to use homemade biscuits in these as I am really over all the extra additives that go into the bought biscuits.Has anyone tried this!Or any suggestions as to a good recipe to use.

svce, Jun 16, 7:12am
I use arrowroot ibscuit , but if you have a good recipe it shouldn't be a problem . what about a jelly slice ! I got the recipe from here and my kids love it. :
http://www.jamieoliver.com/foodwise/article-view.php!id=2801

greerg, Jun 17, 5:27am
I have just used vanilla biscuits but I baked them a little harder than usual.

cookiebarrel, Jun 21, 6:43am
Thanks for that greerg.Will give that a go.

timetable, Jun 21, 6:48am
i find malt bickies make a lovely slice... 2 pkts of malt bikies crushed, add in chopped apricots etc then heat in the micro 1 tin of condensed milk and 200gms of butter till the butter is melted and then mix the condensed milk and butter well into each other and pour into the bikie mix, mix well and then press into a gladwrap lined sponge roll tin.in the fridge till set.i add chopped glace cherries and crystalised ginger for a christmas slice and its really yum.....

ellie04, Jun 21, 9:10am
I use Malt biscuits too and also Arnotts Nice biscuits for a coffee fudge slice. They both make great slices.

timetable, Jun 22, 6:48am
i find malt bickies make a lovely slice. 2 pkts of malt bikies crushed, add in chopped apricots etc then heat in the micro 1 tin of condensed milk and 200gms of butter till the butter is melted and then mix the condensed milk and butter well into each other and pour into the bikie mix, mix well and then press into a gladwrap lined sponge roll tin.in the fridge till set.i add chopped glace cherries and crystalised ginger for a christmas slice and its really yum.