Lemon Dessert

carolyn20, Jun 14, 6:41am
There is a lemon dessert with very few ingredients that seperates on chilling into two layers, a creamy one and a clear one.It's not spongy, more moussey (I know not very wintery but I have a craving and lots of lemons to use up).Can anyone please help with a recipe?

245sam, Jun 14, 6:47am
This one, carolyn20?? - It's from Trademe Cooks.....

"Lemon Cheese Pudding
from an Edmonds book from 1972: 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 breakfastcup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, pinch salt, rind and juice of 1 lemon, 1 breakfastcup milk, 2 eggs. Cream butter and sugar. Add flour, salt, lemon rind and juice, then milk and the egg yolks. Mix well. Lastly whisk the egg whites till stiff and fold in. Pour into a greased pie dish. Stand the dish in a pan of cold water, then place in the oven. Bake 40 minutes at 170°C until firmish.. posted by juliewn"

Hope that helps and is the one.:-))

Edited to add that this type of pudding is also often known as Lemon Delicious - IMO a lovely warm lemony dessert that is perfect for winter.:-))

245sam, Jun 14, 6:57am
"Here's an Edmonds recipe for Spanish Cream -
1tbsp Gelatine
600ml milk
2 eggs
50g sugar
Vanilla Essence

soften gelatine in a pan with a little cold milk, add remainder of milk & stir over a low heat until gelatine is dissolved
add sugar & lightly beaten egg yolks
stir with a wooden spoon over a low heat until the mixture coats the back of spoon
cool then add stiffly beaten egg whites & vanilla
pour into a wet mould & leave to set.
sue1955 (137 )5:13 pm, Sat 2 Oct #2"

I'm not sure that the above recipe will make much of an impact on your abundance of lemons, however I suggest that you try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using lemon as the Keyword and Anytime as the Date posted option.You'll find a great choice of recipes with a real variety of uses for those lemons.

Hope that helps.:-))

marcs, Jun 14, 7:22am
There is lemon delicous pudding which is warm pudding. Yummy or a lemon meringue pie. would recommend jo seagars lemon meringue pie.

greenforde, Jun 14, 7:30am
I make this one and it is yummy.

kinna54, Jun 14, 10:41am
Lemon sorbet? You make that in 2 steps, chill add egg white and then reset. Maybe something like that? posting for you

Sorbet

500 grams fruiteg. Strawberries, boysenberries, plums, mangoes, peaches
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 egg whites

Puree fruit. Strain and discard any skins or seeds. Set aside.
In a saucepan combine sugar and water. Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly until sugar has
dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

Combine sugar syrup ,fruit puree and lemon juice. Pour into a shallow container. Put in freezer until
Mixture starts to freeze on top, then transferthe mixture into a bowl. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Pour back into the shallow container and refreeze until set.

Serve inchilled glasses.

If making the lemon one you may want to pulp the lemons and sweeten first.

carolyn20, Jun 14, 9:03pm
Thank you for your lemon dessert recipes - I will keep them all, first I'll try out the Spanish Cream.