Chewy Choc Chip Cookies (huge!)

coyoteblonde, Mar 17, 7:41am
This is my delicious recipe for my giant chewy cookies- it makes 8 cookie time sized cookies and the family love them! Its a pretty foolproof recipe, you really cant go wrong.

Cream together:
170grams unsalted softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar

Add and mix in until light and creamy:
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk

Add:
2-3 cups all-purpose flour (start with 2 and add more slowly until you get a firmish mixture you can roll into a ball)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and a 1/2 cups of Chocolate buttons, smashed up.

Divide mixture into 8, roll into a ball and slightly flatten.
Bake at 160 degrees celsius until brown around the edges-done!

When almost cool, transfer to a cookie tin to retain the moisture so the cookie stays nice and chewy. You can vary the recipe by adding 1/2 a king size block of smashed up Whitttakers White Chocolate Macadamia, cherries and dark choc, or substitue half the butter for peanut butter to make Peanut Butter chewy cookies.

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/6/123920106_full. jpg

golfpunk0r, Mar 17, 8:04am
thank u for this recipe! ! ! ! looks great and cant wait to try it have been looking for a chewy recipe for a while this one looks easy peasy

coyoteblonde, Mar 17, 8:12am
Easy as, we have just had a nice supper of warm cookies and milk. I always make double the mixture and freeze the other half, as the family polish them off so quickly!

No annoying crumbs when you break them in half either, hmmm... might have to go eat another one now lol

luckyduck, Nov 10, 6:50am
Thank you, they look great. I also have been trying to find a recipe like this. I will make them to take to work for morning tea.