245sam Napoleon Squares How much milk please

pat16, Jun 11, 1:13am
The Trade me cooks recipe says 300mls cream but does not say how much milk please.

245sam, Jun 11, 1:27am
Sorry pat16, I can't help you.I have checked the recipe again but I did not post the recipe as it appears on Trademe Cooks, it was pam.delilah who posted it - maybe she can help.:-))

indy95, Jun 11, 2:12am
I think the mention of milk might be an error, pat16. I have two recipes for Napoleon cake and they both use just cream.

harrislucinda, Jun 11, 3:28am
myrecipefrom anoldbooksays2methods ,1makeablancmangewith 1cup water,1cupmilk ,1dspcornflour,cooladd3ozbutter , 3ozsugar ,.creamaltogetheraddessno21cupcreamwhipped1tlbspsugar,ess1tlbspgelatine .3tspboiling water,add1 cupmilkmixaltogether

245sam, Jun 11, 3:43am
Really I'm with indy95 - I always understood that Napolean Squares/Slice was a made-with-cream and gelatine, fluffy version of custard squares so I've checked with good old Aunt Daisy and the following version is from the 1972 4th impression of "The Aunt Daisy Cookbook with household hints".....

"NAPOLEON CREAM CAKE
One pint cream, 2 tablespoons icing sugar, 2 tablespoons cold water, 2 dessertspoons gelatine, 1 egg white stiffly beaten with 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat ½ cream, not too stiffly; and add beaten egg white; don't beat any more but just leave that aside. Now take other ½ of cream and place in saucepan with icing sugar and gelatine dissolved in cold water. Keep warm until gelatine is dissolved. If you boil this it will curdle. Now let this cool. Beat and when it starts to get thick add the other cream and whip. Turn out into a wetted tin 7 in. by 7 in. and when set place between two layers of puff pastry and ice with vanilla icing."

Hope that helps you, pat16.:-))

pat16, Jun 11, 5:32am
Thank you again. how do I get in touch with pam.delilah?

harrislucinda, Jun 11, 10:52am
putup astarterthreadwithhernameshemayseeit

indy95, Jul 21, 4:20am
Bumped for someone looking for this recipe.