Made 2 loaves of bread in breakmaker...

korbo, Jun 10, 10:29am
today, 2 in the same maker, one is about 2inch shorter, any idea why this could happen.
actually i have 2 makers, put them on together, with exactly the same ingredients, and from one the loaf didnt reach the top, then made another one, and it touched the roof.
rather frustrating, but they taste fine.

kinna54, Jun 11, 5:48am
Hi Korbo. all I can think of is temperature? Maybe because the maker was warmer after cooking the 1st loaf, or yeast temp? Bet they'e yummy tho.!

krazy_kat, Jun 11, 5:50am
Or the water temp wasn't the same, or you didn't put the ingrediants in the same order.Remember 2 things, hot water kills yeast, and salt can do the same.

korbo, Jun 11, 8:12am
no everything just same way as have done for years. made another today, and added 1.2 pkt french onion soup. mmmm.so deicious....

kinna54, Jun 12, 5:48am
Hi Korbo. all I can think of is temperature! Maybe because the maker was warmer after cooking the 1st loaf, or yeast temp! Bet they'e yummy tho.!

krazy_kat, Jun 12, 5:50am
Or the water temp wasn't the same, or you didn't put the ingrediants in the same order.Remember 2 things, hot water kills yeast, and salt can do the same.

korbo, Jun 12, 8:12am
no everything just same way as have done for years. made another today, and added 1.2 pkt french onion soup. mmmm.so deicious.