Trying to make Fruit bread with Wholemeal

happs1, Jun 10, 5:19am
Flour and High Grade flour. With the help of Bread-makers recipes off here . My question is I have a old bread maker Black and Decker and it only options of Basic , wheat , Rabid, French, Dough . So I set it to wheat? not sure if that right to do and when do I put the fruit in please? it does stop twice on basic . I have sultanas and dried apricots to add and can you recommend spice? Nutmeg or Cinnamon?oh and how much fruit ? Thank you .

kinna54, Jun 10, 5:55am
I make my fruit bread on basic, crust light to med. Nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice and allspice (yep that's used in a lot of buns and bread) are good.3/4 cup fruit, add in after 20mins. maybe after the first pause on yrs. I pause the machine for a couple of secs, and turn the dough, if it looks like its not evenly mixing the fruit thru.

korbo, Jun 10, 6:04am
yep, i just use basic too. just made the most beautiful loaf.
well it is the second one today. funny how you can make the same mix and get two different size loaves.
any ideas why ?

happs1, Jun 10, 6:08am
My silly putter crashed .It doesnt have pulse . Should I start it again buy on basic and I didnt put the spices in . Is it to late .

happs1, Jun 10, 6:11am
I used your recipe on the basic white yesterday turned out good . The one the day before sunk on the top same recipes .

happs1, Jun 10, 6:12am
Oh I read your post wrong yes it has Pause .

korbo, Jun 10, 10:26am
sometimes after the loaf has cooked the top goes a bit floppy and kinda wrnkly, but hey, tastes ok and the first slice i always like with butter and vegimite. have to admit , my hubby and i NEVER eat the bread hot, slightly warm, but just love it toasted.
I love making my own, as i know what is in it........

happs1, Jun 10, 11:54am
Cheers Korbo . Just got home and it rose to the top but sagged on the top in the middle . Also the bottom a bit soggy . Got itin the over now for 10 mins at 80 hoping it will crust and dry it out a little . Looks great apart for that . Cant wait to try it .

kinna54, Jun 11, 5:45am
happs did you leave the bread in the breadmaker to cool down, sometimes this can make it sweat. My maker says remove after 10mins, and cool on the bench.Hope that helps.

happs1, Jun 12, 10:21pm
Thanks I did let leave the bread in there to long .