Most delicious muffins at Catalina Cafe

jeanette12, Jun 10, 4:34am
in Hobsonville, anyone know how they make them so light, the recipe would be even better

kinna54, Jun 10, 6:13am
OOh sounds yummy. The addition of yoghurt to muffins makes them light. The secret is not to over mix, only just combine. I always stir my muffin mix with my bendy tupperware plate scraper/spatula, and just fold very lightly, once over, once back. Used to make muffins in huge quantities daily, and never used a commercial base, always from scratch. Also important to bake at the right temperature, cooking spray on your pans, even if non stick.

kendy2, Jun 10, 8:57pm
What flavour?

jeanette12, Jun 12, 12:33am
They do raspberry and white chocolate and mango and cream cheese, the texture of their muffins is superb

245sam, Jun 12, 12:48am
jeanette12, for raspberry and white chocolate muffins try this.....

RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
2½ cups self-raising flour
100g butter, chopped
1 cup each ofcaster sugar,milkandfresh or frozen raspberries
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup white chocolate bits

Place the flour in a large bowl.Use fingertips to rub the butter into the flour, until well combined.Add the sugar, milk, egg, raspberries and white chocolate.Mix until just moistened. Spoon into a lightly greased or oil-sprayed 12 cup muffin tray.
Bake at190ºCfor20 minutes.Stand for 5 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool.Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Makes 12 muffins.:-))
Recipe from:-http://www.chelsea.co.nz/

jeanette12, Jun 12, 6:11am
Thanks for that 245sam will try them!

mackenzie2, Jun 12, 6:12am
You will find that a lot of cafes use "Muffin Mix" which makes very light and fluffy muffins

wax112, Jun 16, 10:44pm
hi rach fromcatalina here we dont use muffin mix sorry our muffins are secret nanas recipethanks great that you enjoy them